Self catering holiday cottages in Bude, Cornwall, England
Bude is a wonderful coastal town which is often described as one of the most diverse holiday destinations in Cornwall. Sitting on the border between Cornwall and Devon, visitors that decide to stay in Bude can enjoy the delights of both the counties whilst on their self-catering cottage break. Home to eight amazing beaches as well as some pretty hidden coves, Bude should not fall short when it comes to providing you with an exciting, beautiful holiday destination.
What Bude, Cornwall offers for Self-Catering Holidays
The broad expanse of sandy beaches in Bude are at the Neet Estuary and are a delight for surfers and families with children who want to play in the sand. Devon is just four miles away which makes the drive to Bude from outside Cornwall a little shorter for most.
- Holidaymakers are able to hire surfing equipment in Bude to learn to surf or hone their skills. A kayak and canoe school offers more fun in the sea and for those who prefer not to get their feet wet, there is bicycle hire and pony trekking.
- For holidaymakers with transport, Widemouth beach is two miles south of Bude and offers a busy beach with lots happening. Crackington Haven, a touch further south, is a hot spot for surfers. The north Cornwall coast is dotted with various bays, coves and fishing villages all waiting to be explored.
- As well as spending the day enjoying one of Bude’s fantastic sandy beaches, there are also plenty of other activities for you and your family to get stuck into. These include, cycling, horse riding, golfing, mountain boarding, zorbing and of course walking and taking in those beautiful coastal views. Of course those are all just land activities, if you’re looking for something a bit different then kayaking, surfing, rock climbing and canoeing are great sports that you may want to try.
- There is some great wildlife to discover in Bude including otters, kingfishers, and dragonflies. The amazing natural landscape and countryside of Bude provide a perfect habitat for these fantastic creatures as well as providing you with stunning views to appreciate. Walkers will truly enjoy a visit to Bude with the South West coastal path leading you up to the Marshland mouth through some of the wildest and most beautiful stretches of the North Cornwall coast.
- The town of Launceston is 18 miles inland from Bude and in between lie acres of peaceful farmland. This is the sort of countryside that Cornwall is famous for, where narrow lanes with high hedgerows meander between green fields and tiny hamlets.
Book a Bude cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Cornwall on holiday.