Self catering holiday cottage rentals in Great Bardfield, Essex, England
For a cottage holiday in Essex where you can enjoy holidaying next to some of the county’s most scenic countryside, the large pretty village of Great Bardfield could be a great choice.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Great Bardfield
- Great Bardfield is picture perfect with its tree lined streets, its quaint historic buildings, pretty thatched cottages, timber clad houses and white-washed properties, giving this village ample rural appeal.
- Conveniently located close to the Suffolk/Essex/Cambridgeshire border, there are some lovely places to visit for day trips from here.
- Just 1.5 miles away is the picturesque village of Finchingfield with its large duck pond, historic appeal and welcoming inns and 7 miles away is Great Dunmow with its country charm. For dining out and shopping the lovely town of Saffron Walden with its medieval buildings is merely 12 miles away.
- You can even visit the historical university city of Cambridge from here which is within an hour’s drive of Great Bardfield.
- Discover some of the best of Suffolk on days out too, with the charming town of Long Melford 20 miles away and Lavenham with its medieval appeal 24 miles away.
Whether you’re in search of a romantic retreat, a family holiday home or a group holiday house in Great Bardfield, we hope you find the perfect holiday rental for you.
Book a Great Bardfield cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Essex on holiday.