If you want to stay in a country cottage in a quaint Essex village then Arkesden could be the ideal choice. Set close to the Hertfordshire/Essex border, Arkesden is a picture-perfect little village with thatched cottages, historic cottages, country lanes and ample charm. The village has a lovely historic pub, as well as some nice footpaths and walks.
This is an extremely well-connected village which is just a short drive away from some great places.
About Arkesden for Cottage Holidays
• The historic market town of Saffron Walden with its pubs, eateries and boutique shops is just 6 miles from Arkesden.
• For more shopping and dining out, the vibrant larger town of Bishops Stortford is just 9 miles from Arkesden.
• For historical attractions, as well as excellent shopping and eating out opportunities, the university city of Cambridge is just 22 miles away.
• For holidaymakers who love the sight of lavender fields, Hitchin Lavender is 26 miles away from Arkesden. June and July are the best times of year for seeing lavender in bloom.
• For visitors who love history there are some great historic houses within reach for day trips including Audley End (a Jacobean mansion house) just 4 miles away, Hatfield house (a historic house which dates back to the 1600s) 29 miles away and Knebworth House with its park and adventure garden is just 30 miles away.
• Whatever you’re planning to do on a cottage holiday, Arkesden is very well placed for discovering some of the best of Essex, Hertfordshire and even Cambridgeshire on holiday. Whether you opt to rent a log cabin, a barn conversion or a rural retreat, we hope you find the ideal rental for a holiday in Arkesden or nearby on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Arkesden cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Essex on holiday.