Self catering holiday cottages in Wivenhoe, Essex, England
For a riverside holiday in Essex, the small charming town of Wivenhoe could be the perfect choice. With a strong history of boat building and fishing, Wivenhoe is a scenic place to holiday with ample riverside charm, a development of modern houses along with an older part of town with charming historic waterfront properties, including quaint timber framed houses.
What Wivenhoe offers for Self-Catering Breaks
- There are a few pubs in Wivenhoe, including one by the waterfront.
- For more eating out and shopping options on holiday and perhaps for a visit to the zoo or the castle, the historic town of Colchester is just 5 miles away.
- Pathways lead all the way from Wivenhoe, along the River Colne in to Colchester. There are 2 trails to choose from; the Wivenhoe trail where you can enjoy a riverside walk and the Town to Sea trail which takes you right in to Colchester.
- For day trips out whilst on a cottage holiday, beautiful Constable Country is close at hand; the Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is just 9 miles away. Discover beautiful landscapes that so inspired John Constable.
- When it comes to country charm, the historic town of Coggeshall with its rich collection of historic buildings, pubs and tea shops is well worth a visit and is just 17 miles away.
- For day trips by the seaside don’t miss Frinton on Sea with its lovely golden sandy beach, just 16 miles from Wivenhoe.
- Whether you opt to rent an apartment or a holiday house in Wivenhoe itself or a holiday lodge in the nearby countryside, this is a lovely part of North Essex with lots to offer visitors, as well as plenty to discover along the nearby coast and countryside.
Book a Wivenhoe cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Essex on holiday.