Self catering holiday cottages to rent in Danbury, Essex, England
Choose to holiday in Danbury and you can enjoy discovering some of the best of Essex on a cottage break.
Hints and Tips on Cottage Holidays in Danbury
- Although the main street through Danbury is quite busy with traffic at peak times, visit Danbury Lakes and Danbury Country Park and you can feel like you’re a world away, nestled in greenery and by trees. This is a great area for relaxing with a picnic on a hot summer’s day and you can usually find plenty of quiet spots including shady spots by trees. The area is also very popular with walkers as there are a number of good trails in the area. Danbury Common is another popular spot with walkers as well as cyclists and is served by a friendly pub too.
- Within Danbury itself there is a mini mart, a few shops and a few welcoming pubs.
- Danbury has excellent road links for getting out and discovering some of the best that Essex has to offer. The cathedral city of Chelmsford with its good selection of shops, pubs and cinemas is just 6 miles away.
- Also close by just 4.5 miles from Danbury is the charming town of Maldon. With a coastal feel, Maldon is a pretty historic town, which is home to Promenade Park (this area with its splash park and adventure playground is great for kids) and where you can walk by the River Blackwater.
- Not far from Maldon is Heybridge Basin, another great area for waterside walks where paths stretch all the way up the coastline on towards the coastal village of Tollesbury.
- Holidaymakers who love coastal scenery will also want to visit the quaint estuary town of Burnham on Crouch with its lovely riverside promenade, tea shops, restaurants and historic charm, which is just 15 miles from Danbury.
- More enjoyable times by the seaside can be had in the seaside resort of Southend which is just 20 miles from Danbury. With its fairground, lengthy stretch of beach and seaside cheer, Southend has lots to recommend it to holidaymakers.
- For those who enjoy spending time in the countryside, the quaint historic town of Coggeshall with its medieval buildings and timber-framed houses is well worth a visit and is just 18 miles from Danbury.
Whether you opt to rent a country cottage, a barn conversion or a cabin in Danbury, this area is a great base for discovering some of the very best of Essex’s coast and countryside.
Book a Danbury cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Essex on holiday.