Self catering holiday cottages in Rowhedge, Essex, England
Looking to take a cottage holiday in a picture-perfect Essex waterside village? If so, the riverside village of Rowhedge with its lovely river views could be a great choice. Set by the River Colne, Rowhedge features a High Street with a historic centre as well as a more modern part with townhouses and cottages, plus riverside paths where you can soak up the lovely waterside views out to Wivenhoe.
- Set across the water from the riverside town of Wivenhoe, Rowhedge is just 5 miles from Colchester.
- For day trips out, Colchester with its good selection of shops, restaurants and its zoo has plenty to offer visitors.
- Fans of Wilkins Tiptree jam, will want to visit the Tiptree Jam Museum and farm in nearby Tiptree, around 12 miles from Rowhedge.
- More lovely riverside walks and estuary scenery can be enjoyed at Maldon around 18 miles from Rowhedge. Another great spot for walks and riverside scenery is Heybridge Basin where there are also tea rooms and a couple of pubs too.
- Whether you’re planning a take it easy holiday or are looking to discover some of the best of Essex, Rowhedge is a very picturesque place to stay. Choices of accommodation include lodges, cottages and townhouses.
Book a Rowhedge cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Essex on holiday.