Escape on a tranquil country cottage holiday to Pebmarsh in Essex. With country lanes and rural charm, the small pretty village of Pebmarsh could be the perfect place to get away from it all and enjoy a vacation with friends or family. Pebmarsh is also a great base for discovering some of the best of Essex, Suffolk and Constable Country on a self-catering break.
What Pebmarsh offers for Cottage Breaks
With a country inn within the village, a village hall and a historic church, Pebmarsh offers visitors plenty of charm, as well as a location just 13 miles from Colchester.
Best Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Pebmarsh
• For shopping, eating out and a taste of cafe society head to Colchester less than 30 minutes' car ride from Pebmarsh. There are plenty of beautiful historical buildings to admire in Colchester and the zoo will appeal to those holidaying with families.
• If you enjoy visiting historical places, don't miss Coggeshall, just 8 miles from Pebmarsh, this small town with its olde worlde charm and huge number of impressive listed buildings is a joy to wander around.
• Also within an hour's drive of Pebmarsh is the beautiful Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Constable Country. Visit the National Trust's Flatford Mill at the very heart of Constable Country. Here you'll find rowing boats for family fun, as well as a large tea room.
• More Essex charm is on offer at the nearby village of Finchingfield, just half an hour's drive from Pebmarsh. With a duck pond, country pubs and a windmill, Finchingfield has to be one of Essex's prettiest villages.
• Just 30 minutes' car ride from Pebmarsh and you can be in the lovely Suffolk town of Long Melford with its boutique shops, village green and choice of tea shops and country inns.
• Also well worth a visit is the stunning medieval village of Lavenham with its lovely country walks, tea shops, country inns and huge number of impressive historical properties, including the National Trust's Guildhall.
Self-catering accommodation options in and near Pebmarsh include barn conversions, holiday lodges, rural retreats and countryside cottages. Whatever your dream holiday home, we hope you find the perfect holiday house for you in or near to Pebmarsh on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Pebmarsh cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Essex on holiday.