Self-catering holidays in Essex, rent a cottage, a pine lodge or a log cabin for a memorable break in East Anglia
Discover some of the best of Essex on a cottage break
Find Cottages in Essex:
- Belchamp Walter
- Burnham on Crouch
- Clacton on Sea
- Earls Colne
- Frinton on Sea
- Great Dunmow
- Great Maplestead
- Jaywick Sands
- Osea Island
- South Woodham Ferrers
- Southend on Sea
- Thorpe le Soken
- West Mersea
Located in the South East of England, Essex is one of the home counties bordering London and has a number of naturally beautiful coastal and rural areas, each of which has their own unique attractions.
Top Things to Do in Essex during a Cottage Break
- Visit a Vineyard on holiday: Essex’s fascinating vineyards are a well kept secret. There are a number of vineyards in Essex including one near Billericay and Chelmsford. A visit to a vineyard with a chance to taste some Essex wine makes for a great day out for adults. South Woodham Ferrers, Maldon and the Chelmsford area are all good central bases for visiting vineyards in Essex.
- Enjoy a spot of Shopping: Whether you rent a cottage, a pine lodge or an apartment, Essex is a great part of England to enjoy shopping. The main towns such as Chelmsford and Colchester have superb high street shopping centres and Lakeside in Thurrock is an enormous purpose built shopping centre. Antiques are big in Essex. Visit Battlesbridge near Wickford for a complete village dedicated to antiques and a lovely place to stay. Antique fairs are also held regularly in Coggeshall and other parts of north Essex.
- Explore the countryside: from woodland parks to unspoilt countryside, Essex is home to some beautiful areas. Some of the most scenic parts of rural Essex are found in the north of the county.
- Visit the coastline: whether you want to visit a cheerful seaside town whilst taking a vacation or want to unwind a tranquil coastal village, Essex has a beautiful coastline to discover on holiday.
Discover Coastal Essex on a Cottage Break
- Southend on Sea - with its pier, fun fair rides and attractions is probably the best well known Essex seaside resort. Clacton on Sea, Frinton on Sea and Walton on the Naze are also well known traditional Essex beach resorts with good sandy beaches. Rent a cottage or apartment in coastal Essex and enjoy exploring some of the best of the seaside on a break away.
- Maylandsea, Mersea Island and Burnham on Sea are less well known, more tranquil Essex towns with attractive waterside locations. Brightly coloured beach huts are a feature of Mersea Island.
Book a cottage for a few days holiday in Maldon
- Maldon - this is a pretty historical Essex town with a quay from which historical Thames barge cruises depart. During the summer, there is a large outdoor water splash park which is particularly popular with children. Most of the small towns around the coast and river estuaries offer sailing via local yacht clubs. Near Maldon is Heybridge Basin which is a very pretty spot with barges, a marina and two very good food pubs. Popular in Essex with seafood lovers are the many seafood shacks selling cockles and mussels. Maldon has lots to offer for family self-catering breaks.
The best Essex rural holiday accommodation
- The northern parts of Essex are known for being particularly pretty with beautiful winding lanes, country cottages and historical towns and villages. Thaxted with its olde worlde medieval high street, Guildhall and restored windmill is a lovely place to stay. Rent a period cottage or a quaint thatched cottage in keeping with the area.
- Colchester - this is another interesting historical town with a rich history dating back to Roman times. Visit the castle for hands-on interactive exhibits. Colchester zoo is a good choice for holidaymakers with children. Also of note is the pretty historical village of Coggeshall near Colchester which has a large number of timber framed listed buildings, some of which date back as far as the 1500s. Be delighted with a holiday cottage in Coggeshall, north Essex.
- Dedham is another very attractive village near Colchester which is part of beautiful 'Constable Country'.
Wherever you opt to rent a holiday cottage, a lodge or a log cabin, we hope you have a wonderful time discovering why the only way is Essex on a self-catering break.
» Self-catering Essex - cottage holidays in Essex
Self-catering Essex, cottage holidays in Essex
» Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Waltham Abbey, Essex
Self-catering holiday cottages, apartments, flats, country houses, farmhouses, houseboats, pine lodges, log cabins, and other holiday accommodation and vacation rentals for let in and close to Waltham Abbey Essex, East Anglia England UK
» Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex England near golf courses
Self catering country cottages, holiday cottages, apartments, country houses and all types of self-catering holiday homes in Essex England, UK near a golf course.
» Self catering cottages and lodges in the south east
Self catering accommodation in the south east of England, holiday cottages, apartments, houses and log cabins
» Holiday cottages and apartments close to or in Frinton on Sea, Essex
Holiday cottages and apartments near or in Frinton on Sea, Essex
» Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Brentwood, Essex
Self-catering holiday cottages, apartments, flats, country houses, farmhouses, houseboats, pine lodges, log cabins, and other holiday accommodation and vacation rentals for let in and close to Brentwood Essex, East Anglia England UK
» Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex available for long lets
Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex and the south east of England available for long lets during the winter or low season months
» Self-catering near South Woodham Ferrers Essex: cottages, houses, apartments
Self-catering near South Woodham Ferrers Essex, cottages, houses, apartments
» Holiday cottages in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
Holiday cottages and self-catering accommodation in Clacton on Sea, Essex
» Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation Benfleet, Essex
Self-catering holiday cottages, apartments, flats, country houses, farmhouses, houseboats, pine lodges, log cabins, and other holiday accommodation and vacation rentals for let in and close to Benfleet Essex, East Anglia England UK
» Self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex
Holiday cottages, apartments, houses and lodges for self-catering holidays in Essex
» Self catering accommodation Essex
Self catering accommodation Essex, cottages, houses, pine lodges and flats
» Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Essex
Pet-friendly self-catering country cottages, holiday apartments, flats, houses, houseboats, and holiday accommodation in and around Essex and south east England
» Self-catering country cottages and apartments with exposed beams in Essex, England
Self-catering country cottages with exposed beams and other period features in the East Anglian county of Essex.
» Holiday cottages and other self-catering accommodation in Essex with good walks in the countryside
Holiday cottages, apartments, large country houses and a range of rentals from simple to luxury in Essex and England near good walks
» Self-catering short break holidays in Essex, England
Short breaks in Essex for holidays in Essex England in self-catering accommodation in including cottages, country houses, apartments, log cabins, pine lodges, villas, and houseboats
» self catering accommodation in Essex with availability in July or August
self catering accommodation in Essex with availability in July or August
» Self catering accommodation near Battlesbridge Antiques Centre in Essex
Self catering accommodation near Battlesbridge Antiques Centre in Essex
» self catering accommodation near Clacton on Sea Essex
self catering accommodation near Clacton on Sea Essex
» Holiday lettings Essex
Holiday lettings in Essex for holiday cottages, houses, log cabins, apartments and other self catering accommodation
» Self catering holidays near Southend on Sea Essex
Self catering holidays near Southend on Sea Essex, find somewhere to stay for a family break in Southend
» Come to Essex for an August cottage break
Find Essex holiday cottages to rent in August for the best summer weather and events
» Share a holiay home with a friend in Essex
One bedroom holiday cottage that sleeps two in Essex, east of London
» Book a self-catered cottage in Essex for a family holiday
Family holiday cottages in Essex - book a self-catered accommodation for a break with kids