Wirksworth is well placed for a cottage holiday close to the Peak District National Park. Just a short drive from some of the Peak District’s best attractions and some of Derbyshire’s top places, the pretty characterful town of Wirksworth has plenty to recommend it.
What Wirksworth offers for Self-Catering Breaks
With a rich history, Wirksworth is a fascinating place to stay with many medieval buildings and a church that dates back to the 13th century. With shops, cafes and eateries to offer visitors, there are plenty of facilities to enjoy on a self-catering break in Wirksworth.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Wirksworth
• Just a short drive away is the gorgeous scenery of the Peak District National Park. For walks, hikes and outdoor activities, the Peak District is a paradise. There are also fascinating show caves to discover.
• Visit some of the Peak District’s prettiest towns of days out and discover nearby Bakewell and Buxton not too far away.
• Another highly rated town is Matlock Bath, which is just around 10 minutes’ drive from Wirksworth. One of Northern England’s original spa towns, Matlock Bath is a great place to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a taste of café society.
• Also well worth a visit are the Heights of Abraham, just 10 minutes’ car journe from Wirksworth. With a cable-car ride, show caves and woodland walks, the Heights of Abraham is a popular family attraction.
• If holidaying in the area with children, it’s worth noting that one of the UK’s top theme parks; Alton Towers is just 35 minutes’ car ride from Wirksworth. Whether you have young children or teenagers, there is plenty to entertain all ages at this renowned theme park.
Options in terms of self-catering accommodation include holiday apartments and town houses. Choose to stay in the countryside near to Wirksworth and you may find country cottages or holiday lodges. We hope you find the perfect holiday home for you on in or near to Wirksworth on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Wirksworth cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Derbyshire on holiday.