Description: About Hillside Croft
Spacious 5 Bedroom Holiday Home with Hot Tub and Landscaped Gardens, near Carsington Wter and AshbourneSet in beautiful gardens, Hillside Croft is a roomy welcoming 5 bedroom holiday house, situated on the edge of the Peak District National Park which sleeps up to 14 people. Grade II listed, this house benefits from ample charm and character with exposed wooden beams along with stone mullioned and leaded windows and inglenook fireplaces, making it a truly appealing place to stay.
The location is great too with the house just a walk away from the local village, a 5 minute car ride from Carsington Water, 6 miles from the attractive market town of Ashbourne and 12 miles from the picturesque town of Matlock with its selection of shops and eateries.
The house also boasts a private hot tub, so all in all, this large holiday home has plenty to offer for relaxing and enjoyable breaks with family or friends.
Sorry no pets permitted.
The accommodation is arranged over 3 floors and inside the house has a country feel.
Inside this 5 Bedroom Holiday House with Hot Tub by the Peak District National Park
• Comfy cosy lounge with three settees, one chair and a large LCD Smart TV. This room features a warming log fire, timbered walls and beamed ceilings giving it plenty of atmosphere,
• Heavily beamed dining room seating up to 14 people (plus 2 high chairs). With a warming log stove set in an impressive inglenook fireplace, this inviting room is ideal for intimate meals with family and friends and for celebrating those special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries,
• Well equipped farmhouse style kitchen, ideal for group self-catering, equipped with dishwasher, double oven with 4 ring ceramic hob, microwave, fridge plus additional large fridge/freezer, washing machine, dryer, toaster, kettle, slow cooker, mixer, blender, coffee maker, cafetiere, large saucepans, frying pans, and a good selection of crockery.
• Five beautifully presented bedrooms furnished with hand-made pine furniture:
o First Floor Bedrooms as follows:
o A double bedroom with fold up bed chair plus beautifully tiled ensuite bathroom with walk in shower, basin and WC,
o Twin bedroom plus fold up single bed chair (needs to be requested),
o 2nd Floor Bedrooms as follows (bedrooms on this floor have low sloping ceilings):
o Bedroom with double bed and single bed,
o Bedroom with double bed and one single low bed (this room leads through to bedroom 5),
o Double bedroom with 2 single low beds (features sloping ceilings)
• There is a downstairs WC on the ground floor,
• A luxurious family bathroom with roll top bath, walk in shower with power shower, basin and WC is on the first floor.
Outside to the rear of the property is a patio area with 2 BBQ and outdoor seating, ideal for dining alfresco in summer time. Also outdoors in the beautifully landscaped gardens are where you'll find the inviting warm bubbly outdoor hot tub, ideal for relaxing stays. This house has the feel of an oasis as the grounds all in all extend to around 6 acres.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2022
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
More About this Property and Booking Information
If you are interested in booking, please call the owner, and discuss their booking process. They may ask that you book via a booking form and that you pay by bank transfer.
For safety and security if you need to make a bank transfer to book it is essential you:
- Call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the ad to check that the bank details are correct before making payment.
- Ensure that the name details on the account match with the name details for the company you are booking with (i.e. that you have confirmation of payee before proceeding).
- Never make a payment to a foreign bank account.
Setting and Local Information
Local Attractions near Biggin, Ashbourne
Recommended Places to Visit: Alton Towers, Gulliver's Kingdom, Heights of Abraham, Waterworld. Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Hardwick Hall, Kedleston Hall, Sudbury Hall. Peveril Castle, Bolsover Castle, Turbury Castle, Ashby de la Zouche Castle. Calke Abbey. Peak Cavern, Speedwell Cavern, Treak Cliff Cavern, Blue John Mines. Dovedale, The Manifold Valley, Millers Dale, Monsall Dale. Carsington Reservoir, Lady Bower Reservoir, Derwent Reservoir. Arbor Low. Peak District Mining Museum, The National Stone Centre, The Wedgewood Museum, Peak Rail, Ecclesbourne Valley Railway, Midland Railway and Museum Butterley, Crich Tramway Museum.
Nearest Train Station: Derby
Want to find out more about Hillside Croft?
Please visit the Owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Derbyshire.