Cleaning Quality Standards
These are the cleaning standards that many cottage owners and agencies pledge to meet for guests. See individual ads to see if the property you are interested in pledges to meet these standards. If you're unsure, ask the owner or agency prior to booking.
• All hard surfaces are cleaned using a detergent or soap and water. Surfaces in kitchens and bathrooms are disinfected between guest changeovers.
• Cleaning staff wear gloves as standard.
• High touch surfaces e.g tables, doorknobs, light switches, remotes and handles are disinfected between guest changeovers.
• Towels and bedding are laundered in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions using the warmest possible water setting and then completely dried.
• Carpets are vacuumed and floors washed with detergent.