Country Cottages Online's Privacy and Cookies Policy
Country Cottages Online is an operating name of XE Website Solutions Ltd. By using this website, you are deemed to accept XE Website Solutions Ltd's privacy and cookies policy.
- XE Website Solutions Ltd respects your privacy. We only collect data for the purpose of facilitating booking requests for holiday accommodation through the websites and for marketing purposes (where you have selected to receive relevant marketing communications).
- For ethical reasons, we have a policy where we do not sell or share visitor details on to any other third parties.
- Our website is not intended for the use of children.
How we collect and use Personal Data
- When you complete an enquiry form for a property via the website, we collect your personal details such as your name and email address. Your personal details are passed on to the appropriate cottage agency or independent owner so that they can respond to your enquiry. We also collect personal data when you register for an account with us. We do not collect any information without your knowledge and never share your details with any other third parties without your knowledge.
The Data we collect
- We collect your username, password and phone number if you are using the Favourites/Shortlist/Account section of the website. We now encrypt the details we store for security reasons.
- We collect your name, your email address, your phone number and details of your party size and any special requests when you send an enquiry through the website.
We retain your personal data (names, email addresses and preferences) for the purpose of emailing you our newsletter when you tick to opt in on our website to share these details with us. You can opt out from receiving our cottage newsletters and updates at any time by selecting Unsubscribe from any newsletter updates.
How to Opt Out
You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time, by clicking the relevant unsubscribe link on the email.
If you have set up a user account, it is also possible to close your account via your log in.
If you opt out of marketing or close your user account, we may still use some personal data if required for complying with the law, for ensuring the security of the website, for fraud detection, and for legal and auditing obligations.
Credit and debit card processing
All online payments on the Country Cottages Online websites are accomplished via a third party secure site. We do not store any bank details ourselves. Third party payment processors will have their own privacy policies.
If you are not in agreement with the above then please cease using this website.
• You have the right to request that we erase your personal data. This right though, is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. If you want to request to exercise your legal rights, you will need to contact us in writing via our contact form
• Before we are able to process any such requests, we will need to verify your identity.
• Once any such requests are processed, your personal data will be permanently deleted, except for certain information that we are legally required or permitted to retain. For example, we may be subject to legal obligations and need to keep records of your transactions for a certain time period before they can be deleted.
We may alsoretain your personal information for our legitimate business interests such as ensuring security of the website, for fraud detection, and for legal and auditing obligations.