Cottage Holidays in Alport, Derbyshire, England
Get away for a tranquil rural retreat break or country cottage holiday to Alport in the Peak District National Park.
Facts about what Alport offers for Self-Catering Holidays
Situated in the south of the Peak District National Park, just 4 miles from Bakewell, Alport with its fine stone-built cottages and river flowing through it, is a picture-perfect little village.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Alport
• There are plenty of good walks and hikes to enjoy within the stunning landscape of the Peak District National Park, including an excellent walk from Lathkill Dale to Monyash.
• Visit the nearby pretty market town of Bakewell and enjoy a spot of shopping in the local gift shops or eat out in the country inns or cafes.
• Buxton, a beautiful historical spa town in Derbyshire is just 14 miles away from Alport. Discover stunning architecture, shops and restaurants in this charming town.
• Fascinating limestone caverns and crystal stalactites are a feature of this part of Derbyshire and there are various show caves that you can visit including Poole’s Cavern close to Buxton Country Park.
• Also close by just 8.5 miles away from Alport are the Heights of Abraham near Matlock where there are more show caverns, wonderful woodland walks and a cable car that takes you up to dizzying heights and amazing views. There is also an excellent adventure playground here which will appeal to families.
If you’re looking for a relaxing break in a holiday lodge or cottage next to unspoilt Peak District countryside then a stay in Alport could be the best of choices.