Self catering holiday cottage rentals in Windley, Derbyshire, England
Choose Windley for a relaxing rural retreat break or country cottage holiday, close to the Peak District National Park. Windley is a very small but pretty village on the edge of the scenic Peak District, with just farms and houses making up the community.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Windley
If it's a peaceful retreat you crave, Windley will suit you very well, as it's at the heart of lovely countryside, just waiting to be explored. Larger villages nearby offer more facilities.
Attractions to Discover Close By on a Country Cottage Holiday in Windley
• Belper is six miles from Windley and is a market town with interesting architectural features, having been a Georgian mill town. A museum is housed in one of the former cotton mills.
• More Georgian buildings are on show at the market town of Ashbourne, which is eight miles distance.
• Carsington Water is a reservoir where you can participate in a number of water sports, including sailing, windsurfing and powerboating. Visitors also like to go cycling or fishing at the site.
• For stunning views over the local landscape, caverns and woodland walks plus adventure playgrounds for children, head to the Heights of Abraham close to Matlock.
• For families that like thrills and spills, Gulliver's Kingdom theme park has rides and shows for kids and grown-ups plus a calendar of special events.
Discover some of the best of Derbyshire on a relaxing rural retreat break or English country cottage holiday in or close to Windley.
Book a Windley cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Derbyshire on holiday.