About Ebenezer ChapelSleeping up to 22 people, Ebenezer Chapel in Milford, Derbyshire could be the perfect holiday house for your large group of friends or family to escape to. Situated by the riverside and with lovely river views, this 8 bedroom unique holiday home offers a beautiful riverside location in the wooded valley of the River Derwent.
This unique property offers plenty of character including large high windows in the lounge, wooden beams in some rooms, chapel doors and the old pulpit in the balconied lower lounge. With spacious accommodation (the galleried lounge is some 38ft), this welcoming property is ideal for big groups of up to 22 guests. Guests should love the Finnish sauna-suite where you can relax and unwind, as well as the raised lawn garden with picnic tables and BBQ and the 2 acres of steep woodland which guests are free to roam. WiFi internet access is available.
The accommodation at this Unique Derbyshire Chapel Conversion comprises:
• Two lounges; a huge lower-level lounge with the original pulpit and another lounge on the 2nd floor with vaulted ceilings and beams. There is a balconied dining area which looks out over the main lounge. The kitchen with its gas range ovens, two fridges, freezer and dishwasher is well equipped for group self-catering.
• There are 8 comfortable bedrooms in total.
• On the ground floor is one double bedroom, an en-suite family bedroom with 3 single beds and a twin bedroom.
• On the 1st floor there is an en-suite family bedroom with a double and single bed.
• Four of the bedrooms are on the 2nd floor; one en-suite double bedroom, one en-suite family bedroom with a double and single bed, one en-suite family bedroom with 3 single beds and one twin bedroom.
• There are also two single beds available in the second floor lounge.
In addition to the numerous en-suite bathrooms, there is also a family bathroom on the ground floor and a family bathroom with both bath and shower cubicle on the first floor.
What the Derwent Valley and Peak District Offers
There are a great range of outdoor activities on offer locally including tennis, fishing and bowls (just across the road at the Milford Riverside Craft and Garden Centre), horse riding, golfing and canoeing. There is a good choice of welcoming good quality pubs within half a mile.
Further afield enjoy discovering the unspoilt Derwent Valley on days out. Fantastic attractions within reach include Matlock Bath, Abraham's Heights, Gullivers Kingdom, Alton Towers and the Crich Tramway Village Museum. The southern part of the Peak District National Park is also within reach for days out.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2016
Setting and Local Information
More About this Property and Booking Information
Stag parties Hen parties Birthday parties, Reunions, Anniversary Celebrations Friends Families
There is an electricity meter at this property (can be fed pound coins).Bookings are for a minimum of 3 nights. A third deposit is payable upon booking. The balance is then due 8 weeks before the holiday. A £150 Security deposit is payable, which is fully refundable one week after departure if there are no breakages etc. One pet goes free and all additional pets are charged at £20 per pet.
If you are interested in booking, please call the owner, and discuss their booking process. They may ask that you book via a booking form and that you pay by bank transfer.
For safety and security if you need to make a bank transfer to book it is essential you:
- Call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the ad to check that the bank details are correct before making payment.
- Ensure that the name details on the account match with the name details for the company you are booking with (i.e. that you have confirmation of payee before proceeding).
- Never make a payment to a foreign bank account.
Milford is a conservation village in the wooded valley of the Derwent River. Many characterful stone buildings 7 miles north of Derby and just south of Belper.
Historic houses eg Chatsworth, Haddon Hall, Kedleston Hall, Calke Abbey. Theme parks eg Alton Towers, Gullivers Kingdom. Peak District villages to explore, Tramway Village, shopping outlets.
Recommended Places to Visit: Alton Towers, Chatsworth, Haddon Hall, Tramway Village, Matlock, Kedleston Hall and the lovely stone villages in the Peak Park.
Annual Events: Well dressings with various dates, village open gardens across the Summer Eg Belper,Winster, Birchover etc, Ashbourne Football in February. Belper has numerous events throughout the Summer eg Food Fairs, Beer Festivals, Well Dressings, Poetry and Arts Trails etc
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Blue Bell at Farnah Green, Hanging Gate, Nonnos Italian and Nonnos Pizzeria, Nourish, The Talbot, River Gardens Chinese. Please see ‘Places to Eat’ on the web site.
Local Sports: Sailing, wind surfing at Carsington Water, horse riding, various golf courses, sports centre with pool near by, area suitable for walking, caving and rock climbing.
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
Want to find out more about Ebenezer Chapel?
Please visit the Owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Derbyshire.