Cottage rentals in Wendover, Buckinghamshire, England
Book a country cottage holiday in Wendover and look forward to a stay in a picture-perfect market town by the Chiltern Hills. Brimful with historic buildings and olde-worlde charm, Wendover is one of Buckinghamshire’s prettiest and most exclusive neighbourhoods.
What Wendover, Buckinghamshire offers for Self-Catering Holidays
Enjoy a spot of boutique shopping whilst staying in Wendover, sample the local delights at the wonderful Chocolate cafe where the chocolates are handmade and dine out in one of the good quality restaurants in town. With plenty of small town charm, Wendover is an absolute delight.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Wendover
• There are some wonderful walks in and around Wendover. Some of the best can be found at nearby Wendover Woods, where you can also enjoy cycling off road and Go Ape if you are feeling truly adventurous. Walk up to Coombe Hill just outside of Wendover and marvel at the absolutely stunning views out over the Chiltern hills. You can even see Chequers, where the Prime Minister spends some weekends, in the distance from this vantage point.
• If you enjoy shopping, eating out and musical theatre, head in to London from Wendover. The train from Wendover takes less than an hour.
• If you are holidaying with a young family you may well want to visit nearby Great Missenden where the Roald Dahl Museum is based.
• Another entertaining day out for the young and young at heart can be had at Harry Potter World at Watford, just 20 mile from Wendover.
• Also within easy reach for a day out is Whipsnade Zoo by the Dunstable Downs which is only 13 miles from Wendover.
• More wild adventures can be had slightly further afield at Woburn Safari Park, just 24 miles from Wendover. For those who prefer a more sedate day out why not visit the charming town of Woburn and historical Woburn Abbey?
There is so much to see and do within an hour’s drive of Wendover. Whether you love country walks, wildlife watching or family attractions, you’ll find all of this and more not too far from Wendover.
Options in terms of self-catering accommodation in and close to Wendover include rural retreats, town houses and apartments, we hope you find the perfect place to stay for you on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Wendover cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Buckinghamshire on holiday.