Self catering holiday cottages to rent in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, England
Rent a holiday cottage in Amersham and enjoy a stay in a pleasant Bucks town. Amersham enjoys easy access in to London and in to the nearby beautiful Buckinghamshire countryside.
About Cottage Breaks in Amersham
As a reasonably big town Amersham offers plenty of facilities for visitors and is made up of two parts; Amersham New Town which is situated up the hillside and on the hilltop and Old Amersham which is nestled at the bottom of the hill.
Top Places to Discover on a Cottage Holiday in Amersham
• Old Amersham is one of Bucks' prettiest places and not be missed. You can walk from some parts of Amersham New Town down to Old Amersham. With boutique shops and plenty of restaurants, along with splendid historical buildings and country inns, Old Amersham is a lovely place to while away an afternoon.
• All around Amersham is the beautiful landscape of the Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This is a great area to enjoy walking or wildlife watching. Deer can often be spotted in the forests and woodlands of the Chilterns, particularly around the Ashridge Estate near Aldbury.
• For a fun and inspirational family day out, head over to the Roald Dahl Museum in Great Missenden and learn about his inspirational works and characters.
• Those who like lovely historical places will want to visit the National Trust’s West Wycombe village and the country house West Wycombe Park on the edge of village. The walk up the hill to the Mausoleum is a hike but well worth the views at the top. The Hellfire Caves at West Wycombe are also well worth a visit but very spooky.
• Another fun family day out can be had at the Warner Brothers Studio Tour in Watford around half an hour’s drive from Amersham.
• Amersham is actually on the tube line, so it’s possible to get a tube train in to London and the journey takes around an hour. As England’s capital city, London has an immense range of attractions.
Whether you opt to stay in a holiday cottage, a townhouse or an apartment, Amersham is well placed for discovering some of the best of Buckinghamshire and London on a self-catering break.
Book a Amersham cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Buckinghamshire on holiday.