Book a cottage break in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England
Get away for a cottage holiday to Marlow in Buckinghamshire and enjoy a stay in this charming riverside town. With plenty of high-end shops, cafes and restaurants, Marlow is one of Bucks’ most appealing historic towns.
About Marlow for Cottage Holidays
Enjoy walks down by the river during a self-catering holiday in Marlow, do a spot of boutique shopping, enjoy cafe society and soak up the atmosphere in this exclusive Buckinghamshire town. For a real treat, Marlow is home to a Michelin star winning gastro-pub; the Hand and Flowers which is located in West Street.
Top Places to Visit on a Cottage Holiday in Marlow
• Lying just outside of the Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, these hills and their wonderful walks and bridleways are within easy reach of Marlow. The Ridgeway walking route cuts through and can guide you through much of the Chilterns' countryside and woodlands.
• Just 20 minutes’ car ride from Marlow is the lovely riverside town of Henley-on-Thames which is much like Marlow but on a larger scale.
• If you like visiting National Trust properties, the picture-perfect village of West Wycombe with its splendid historical buildings should not be missed. Also at West Wycombe is a splendid country house with lake and the Hellfire Caves which are rumoured to be haunted. There is also a hill (under which the Hellfire Caves lie), which is great to climb and up at the top you can see the Mausoleum for the Dashwood family and take in fantastic views. West Wycombe lies just 8 miles from Marlow.
• Those holidaying in Marlow with young children may want to treat the kids to a day out at Legoland which is only around half an hour’s drive away near Windsor.
• Another attraction likely to appeal to families is the Warner Brothers Studio tour at Watford where you can learn about the making and magic of Harry Potter (around half an hour’s drive from Marlow).
• Windsor is worth a visit in any event with historical Windsor castle, a beautiful riverside location and excellent shopping and eateries to recommend it. Just across the river from Windsor is Eton which is another fascinating place to visit. Windsor is around 14 miles from Marlow.
Whether you rent a townhouse or apartment within Marlow itself or a rural retreat or barn conversion in the Bucks countryside, we hope you find the perfect place to stay in or near Marlow on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Marlow cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Buckinghamshire on holiday.