Buckinghamshire Holiday Cottages
Stay in a country cottage in Buckinghamshire for a memorable self-catering holiday in England
For countryside holidays in the South East of England, Buckinghamshire has to be a top choice. How about a charming holiday cottage nestled in a picturesque spot for a summer or weekend break? A self-catering stay in southern England so close to London can be affordable and most enjoyable.
One of the home counties surrounding London, there are excellent rail links from London to many Buckinghamshire towns. This makes Buckinghamshire a great choice for Londoners looking to take a relaxing break in a holiday house. To explore Buckinghamshire fully during a country cottage holiday it is best to travel by car.
What Country Cottage Breaks in Buckinghamshire have to offer
- Buckinghamshire is known for beautiful English countryside and the best place for that rural retreat. In fact over a third of Buckinghamshire is part of the Chiltern Hills - an area of outstanding natural beauty with rolling hills and forested areas with various holiday homes to rent dotted around.
- There are lots of opportunities for country walks, cycling and horse riding - all activities that people enjoy during time off. The Grand Union canal runs through parts of Buckinghamshire with its associated picturesque footpaths. There are also excellent walking opportunities along the Thames Path National trail. For children, the Roald Dahl museum and Story Centre is located in pretty Great Missenden. The children will thank you is you find somewhere to stay nearby.
Rent a cottage in a pretty Buckinghamshire village
- There are holiday cottages in many pretty historical towns and villages in Buckinghamshire which are well worth a visit. These include Old Amersham, a historic market town, Wendover, with its lovely chocolate café and West Wycombe, a national trust village with an interesting historic country house nearby and the underground network of Hellfire caves. Stowe Landscape gardens, Waddesdon, Buckingham and Quainton are all quite beautiful and lovely places to relax and unwind at a holiday house. For history lovers, Cliveden, most famous for the Profumo affair, is located near Taplow amongst gorgeous woodland and landscaped gardens.
- For lovers of motor sports, the world famous Silverstone racing track is located in Buckinghamshire. If you are after a real adrenaline rush, Go Ape can be found in Wendover Woods. With so much to see and do on holiday in Buckinghamshire, do browse the cottage listings and find that special cottage, holiday house or pine lodge where you could feel completely relaxed.
- Everyone needs to do some shopping on holiday even if it is to fill the cottage freezer, the main towns for shopping in Buckinghamshire are Milton Keynes which has a huge shopping centre and High Wycombe. Buckinghamshire is a good choice for those looking to take a break close to London but also want to spend time amongst lovely English countryside with all the associated country pursuits. For more local knowledge of Bucks read our Buckinghamshire inspiration and highlights.
Wherever in Buckinghamshire you choose to holiday and whether you opt to rent a log cabin, a barn conversion, a holiday cottage or a country house, we hope you find the best holiday house to rent for you on Country Cottages Online.
» Cottages in Buckinghamshire for self-catering holidays and short breaks
Cottages for rent in Buckinghamshire for self-catering holidays and short breaks
» Pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Buckinghamshire
Pet-friendly self-catering country cottages, holiday apartments, flats, houses, houseboats, and holiday accommodation in and around Buckinghamshire England
» Self-catering holiday cottages in Buckinghamshire with a pub nearby
Self catering holiday cottages, apartments, houses and other types of self-catering accommodation in Buckinghamshire, England, with a local pub nearby for sociable evenings and the convenience of meals out.
» Holiday cottages in the Heart of England
Holiday cottages in the Heart of England; Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire
» Self-catering accommodation in Buckinghamshire
Selfcatering accommodation Buckinghamshire, self-catering cottages, houses and apartments in Buckinghamshire
» Self-catering cottage accommodation in Buckinghamshire
Self catering Buckinghamshire, self catering in Buckinghamshire, self catering cottages in Buckinghamshire, self catering cottage Buckinghamshire, England, UK accommodation, holiday cottages, country houses, houseboats, log cabins
» Self catering accommodation for the Henley on Thames Royal Regatta
Self catering accommodation for the Henley on Thames Royal Regatta, rent a cottage, apartment or house
» Self-catering holiday accommodation in Buckinghamshire available for long lets
Self-catering holiday accommodation in Buckinghamshire available for long lets during the winter or low season months
» Self-catering holiday accommodation in Buckinghamshire England near golf courses
Self catering country cottages, holiday cottages, apartments, country houses and all types of self-catering holiday homes in Buckinghamshire England, UK near a golf course.
» Self-catering short break holidays in Buckinghamshire, England
Short breaks in Buckinghamshire for holidays in Buckinghamshire and the Home Counties in self-catering accommodation in including cottages, country houses, apartments, log cabins, pine lodges, villas, and houseboats
» Country cottages - Buckinghamshire
Country cottages Buckinghamshire, self-catering cottages in Bucks
» Book a self-catered break for 2 in Buckinghamshire
One bedroom holiday cottage that sleeps two in Buckinghamshire