Self catering holiday cottages in Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, England
Choose Buckingham as the location for your cottage holiday and look forward to a stay in a charming Buckinghamshire town. The county town of Buckinghamshire, Buckingham is surprisingly small and charming and dotted with historical Georgian buildings and tree-lined streets.
About Cottage Breaks in Buckingham
Stay in Buckingham in a townhouse or apartment or rent a country cottage in the nearby countryside, the choice is yours.
Top Places to Discover on a Cottage Holiday in Buckingham
• Within the town, don’t miss the Old Gaol Museum which is run by Buckingham Heritage Trust. Although this building looks medieval, it was built in the 18th century as a jail and is now a fascinating museum where you can learn about the building’s past and about the town of Buckingham. The Tourist Information Centre can also be found within the Old Gaol.
• Just a few miles outside of Buckingham are the National Trust Stowe Gardens. These gardens are more like parklands and feature lakes, and wonderful walks amongst serene surroundings. Home to Stowe school, Stowe House can occasionally be visited by guided tour, see Stowe House’s website for more information.
• For those that are National Trust members, Claydon House is only around 20 minutes’ drive from Buckingham and is one of the more charming and intimate National Trust properties. Also within the grounds at Claydon House and open most of the year is the Carriage House Restaurant, which offers high quality food and comes highly recommended.
• If you love picture-perfect places you will want to visit the canal-side village of Stoke Bruerne where there is a museum, cafes, restaurants and lovely canal walks.
• Families with children will want to take the kids to Woburn Safari Park, around 35 minutes’ drive from Buckingham where you can enjoy a safari-type experience and see some amazing animals.
• Whipsnade Zoo is also within reach for days out from Buckingham and is only around 45 minutes drive away.
There are some fantastic places to visit within an hour’s drive of Buckingham. Whether you want to enjoy romantic days out or family trips with the kids you will find plenty to keep you entertained in Bucks.
Whether you want to rent a family cottage or a romantic retreat for 2, we hope you find the perfect holiday home for you in Buckingham on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Buckingham cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Buckinghamshire on holiday.