Self catering holiday cottages to rent in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, England
If you’re looking to take a cottage break in an elegant Buckinghamshire town with great transport links then Beaconsfield could be the perfect choice.
Hints and Tips on Cottage Holidays in Beaconsfield
- The centre of Beaconsfield features a wide high street with elegant Victorian and Edwardian buildings, yet, with the A40 running through the centre, traffic can be somewhat busy.
- Shops, restaurants, country inns and beauty salons and spas are all a feature of Beaconsfield.
- Beaconsfield is a very wealthy area, and an expensive town in which to live, and as such has been described by some as akin to a Mayfair in the Chilterns.
- If you book a cottage break in Beaconsfield, you can easily enjoy day trips out in London as trains in to London run regularly and take from 30 to 50 minutes.
- Head in to the Chiltern Hills for some great walks. Burnham Beeches and Stoke Common are popular local places for walking. Families with children holidaying in Beaconsfield may want to visit Bekonscot model village. For visitors who love historical attractions, don’t miss the chance to visit the National Trust’s Hughenden Manor just outside of Beaconsfield (this mansion house was home to Benjamin Disraeli who was Prime Minister in the 1800s).
- More family fun can be had at Great Missenden just 11 miles from Beaconsfield, where you can discover the fascinating Roald Dahl museum and Story Centre.
- For holidaymakers who like to explore the great outdoors, a visit to the lovely town of Wendover comes highly recommended. Visit the town’s chocolate café where the handmade chocolates are superb and enjoy walks in nearby Wendover woods or Coombe Hill where the views over the surrounding landscape are just superb.
Whether you rent an apartment or townhouse in Beaconsfield or find holiday accommodation in the nearby countryside, we hope you have a great time holidaying in the Chilterns.
Book a Beaconsfield cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Buckinghamshire on holiday.