Book to stay in a rural retreat or a barn conversion in or close to Ivinghoe and look forward to a stay in a beautiful Buckinghamshire village. Ivinghoe is ideal for those who want to enjoy a taste of quiet country life in a small charming village. There are a couple of country inns in Ivinghoe, a village shop and a tea room so plenty to keep you entertained should you just want to relax and chill out at your home from home.
What Ivinghoe, Buckinghamshire offers for Self-Catering Holidays
Should you wish to get out and explore, there are also some fantastic attractions within an hour’s drive of Ivinghoe.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Ivinghoe
• Ivinghoe is very well placed for keen walkers. Walk to the National Trust’s historical windmill on the outskirts of Ivinghoe or take a short drive to the nearby Dunstable Downs where you can enjoy some of the best views in Bucks.
• Families visiting this area will want to head for Whipsnade Zoo just 5 miles from Ivinghoe, where you can see a variety of different animals.
• Another great family attraction can be found in nearby Tring, 4 miles from Ivinghoe, where there is a Natural History Museum and a huge collection of stuffed animals in what was originally a collection created by Lord Rothschild.
• Another fun family day out can be enjoyed over at Great Missenden, some 13 miles from Ivinghoe where the Roald Dahl museum should feed your child’s imagination.
• Also bound to be a hit with all of the family is Harry Potter World at Watford, just 19 miles from Ivinghoe.
• Members of the National Trust will be in their element on holiday in Bucks, as there are numerous wonderful historical houses to visit including Waddesdon Manor and Claydon House not too far away. In summer time, the gardens at the National Trust’s Stowe are well worth a visit too.
Whether you choose to stay in a countryside cottage, a townhouse, apartment or holiday barn, we hope you find a great place to stay in or near Ivinghoe and that you have the best of times in beautiful Buckinghamshire.
Whether you choose to book a holiday cottage in Ivinghoe, an apartment, a lodge or another type of self-catering holiday accommodation, we hope you have your best holiday yet in Buckinghamshire.