The Guildhall - Higham, Colchester, Suffolk, England
|01206 337470 or 07717241953|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Claire Head
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £840 to £1225 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 5 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 2
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (3 dogs welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for The Guildhall has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 3 years. Read More
The Guildhall is a picture-perfect thatched cottage which dates back to the 16th century and is set in a very lovely part of the picturesque Dedham Vale- Higham. With wonderful wooden beams, a wood burner and a beautiful private garden, this is a very appealing country cottage.
The private garden is enclosed and edged by mature trees and shrubs and is a lovely place to relax with its corners of shelter and sun spots for outside dining. Inside the Guildhall, a spacious sitting room with plenty of comfy sofas, chairs and a woodburning stove is a great place to relax with friends or family. Within the farmhouse style kitchen, the Aga adds warmth and atmosphere, whilst the vaulted ceiling gives a light and airy feel. The spacious dining room which seats up to 8 is perfect for enjoying some good old country hospitality. A cosy log burning stove is also a feature of this room and adds to the magical setting of this charming property.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2013
- Historical Property
- Built 1515
- With Exposed Beams
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: Aga
- Dining Table Seats: 8
- 1 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- 1 Single Bed(s)
- 1 Sofabed(s)/Futon(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: Mature Garden with access to 15 acre private parkland
- set in the Dedham vale an area of outstanding natural beauty. Plenty of walks from the door.
Book this cottage in Suffolk direct with the owner or agency. For help with any questions or queries prior to booking we recommend you call the owner or email them.
This delightful country cottage has 3 bedrooms with en-suite facilities and benefits from being close to the pretty Suffolk villages of Stoke by Nayland, Dedham and East Bergholt. Close by you can discover the River Stour and Constable Country, made famous by the artist John Constable. Enjoy walking through lush Suffolk countryside or cycling down attractive country lanes. Bicycles are freely available for your use during your stay. Ample off road parking is available for guests. Please see our website for more photos and further information on this cottage and the local area, plus availability, prices and online booking. Pets are welcome and weekend bookings are always available.
South Suffolk is a very unspoilt and rural area even though it is so close to London and the Midlands. It is defined by The River Stour which was immortalised by the Master Painter John Constable and by the Suffolk coast where hidden inlets, where Vikings raided (Sutton Hoo) and where heathlands sweep down to the sea. The immediate area is a maze of tiny lanes meandering through tiny Suffolk Pink Hamlets and Villages. An ideal place to relax in and discover unspoilt England. Only 90 mins from London - it's a great weekend escape cottage.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: colchester north station. harwich sailing port. stanstead airport.
Recommended Places to Visit: Southwold. Minsmere Bird Sanctuary and heath. Bury St Edmunds. Colchester. Ipswich Marina. Pin Mill harbour. Orford Butley Oysterage and Castle. The Orwell Estuary and Marinas. The river Stour - canoeing. John Constables birthplace and setting for The Haywain and Willy Lots Cottage -Flatford Mill. South Suffolk Cycle Route. The Stour Valley Path and St Edmunds Way.
Annual Events: Hadleigh Show - May. Suffolk Show -June. Kentwell hall Bank Holiday Tudor Re-enactments
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Crown - Stoke-by-Nayland. The Angel - Stoke-by-Nayland. The Great House - Lavenham. The White Hart - Nayland. The Bell - Kersey. The Black Lion - Long Melford. the Angel - Lavenham. Scutchers - Long Melford. Le Talbooth - Dedham
Local Sports: Cycling route, walking, horse riding, canoeing, golf
A small village set in the heart of the Dedham vale an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- » Pet-friendly self-catering holiday cottages in Suffolk
- » Luxury cottages for 2 in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » Thatched country cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
- » Cottage holidays Suffolk
- » Cottages in Suffolk for holidays and weekend retreats
- » Beautiful cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks in the country
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk England near golf courses
- » Luxury country cottages in Suffolk
- » Country cottages in Southwold, Suffolk, for self-catering holidays by the sea
- » Cottages in Suffolk for a fascinating glimpse of historic Britain
- » Self-catering holiday cottages - Woodbridge, Suffolk
- » Cottage in Suffolk to accommodate 2 to 3 people for a self-catering holiday or weekend break
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Suffolk, England
- » Country cottages with an inglenook or open fire in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holidays in Suffolk : rent a cottage or house
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering cottage accommodation in Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Suffolk with facilities for families with young children
- » Seaside cottages in Suffolk for self-catering holidays
Similar English Country Cottages
The Old Post Office England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
The Cartlodge Higham England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
Higham Place Lodge England, Suffolk, Higham, Colchester
Wren Cottage England, Suffolk, Wickham Market
The Tallow Factory England, Essex, Dedham
Old Bakery Cottage England, Essex, Dedham
Apple Loft at Twistgates Farm Cottages
3 nights from Tue 2nd May for £195, or 2 nights from Fri 5th May for £185, but take ALL 5 nights for just £325.
This special offer ends on 07-05-2017
Eye Kettleby Lakes
Book last minute pet-friendly Maple lodge at a very special rate! Only £545 for four guests or £490.
This special offer ends on 15-05-2017
Special Offer Break Price £ 695
This special offer ends on 05-05-2017
Park House at Cossington Park
Spring Weekend Bargain! 2 nights in this beautiful house surrounded by stunning grounds.
This special offer ends on 21-05-2017
Enjoy the whole estate for your exclusive use.
This special offer ends on 21-05-2017
3 nights for up to 3 guests.
This special offer ends on 08-05-2017