Description: About Alfreds Barn
Light and Airy Stylish 4 Bedroom Barn Conversion near Southwold
This stunning converted barn is the perfect destination for families or friends looking to have an amazing holiday full of new adventures and memories. Nestled on Grove Farm in the scenic Suffolk countryside, escape, relax and unwind on a holiday in this charming barn conversion, just 10 miles from the charming seaside town of Southwold.
With gorgeous, sunlit interiors, you’ll be living in luxury in this lovely barn conversion, sympathetically converted with a modern, stylish flair. With a large kitchen and dining area, perfect for socialising with friends and family on holiday, and a gorgeous interior.
Make sure to take advantage of all the on-site facilities, from the cosy open gas fire to snuggle up in front of to the barbeque, perfect to enjoy on a bright summer evening. The Games room will be sure to keep you entertained, providing a pool table to gather around. Whatever you’re looking for, Alfred’s barn will be a gorgeous location for your next retreat to the Suffolk countryside!
Inside this Beautiful Sleeps 8 Barn Conversion near Southwold
• On the ground floor is a beautifully designed open plan living area.
• The kitchen is well equipped, making it the perfect place to prepare homecooked meals to remind you of nostalgic home meals, fit to enjoy around the dining area. The dining area is impressive and with additional tables can seat up to 27 people (an ideal location for large gatherings where you can all reminisce and laugh together over good food and a glass of bubbly). Also on the ground floor are the sumptuous TV room to enjoy your favourite shows, the games room, a utility room and a WC.
• Travel up the extravagant oak staircase to the bedrooms upstairs, where there are four dreamy bedrooms to choose from.
• Bedroom one and bedroom two on the first floor are usually arranged as twin bedrooms, but can be made into doubles on request as they feature zip and link beds.
• Bedroom one even has a convenient ensuite shower, where you can refresh yourself under the cooling waters.
• On the second floor, two further bedrooms are both double bedrooms and one has its own ensuite. With all the bedrooms looking out over picturesque orchard views, what’s not to enjoy about a dreamy night’s sleep in Alfred’s barn?
Explore the Suffolk Coast and Countryside on Holiday
Only 3.5 miles from the attractive Suffolk market town Halesworth, you’re nearby to plenty of quaint shops and artisan cafes to enjoy, where you can take walks around the market and explore all it has to offer. If you prefer to explore the seaside, then there’s plenty of choice, from hunting for lucky stones on the pebble beaches of Southwold and wandering past the bright beach huts to the sandy dunes on Walberswick beach. Perhaps you’d like to try your hand at catching a few crabs! Close by is also Dunwich, with a pebble beach and a classic chippy take away. Or explore the gorgeous Minsmere RSPB reserve, a perfect day out to look out over sunny waters and spot all the birds you can see.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2004
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
More About this Property and Booking Information
If you are interested in booking, please call the owner, and discuss their booking process. They may ask that you book via a booking form and that you pay by bank transfer.
For safety and security if you need to make a bank transfer to book it is essential you:
- Call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the ad to check that the bank details are correct before making payment.
- Ensure that the name details on the account match with the name details for the company you are booking with (i.e. that you have confirmation of payee before proceeding).
- Never make a payment to a foreign bank account.
Setting and Local Information
Local Attractions near Halesworth
Top Attractions: Grove Farm is 3.5 miles from the attractive Suffolk market town of Halesworth with its large Co-Op supermarket and good selection of shops. Bramfield Village (1 mile) also has its own locally renowned butcher 'K Clark' with a deli counter, groceries. Also in Bramfield is the Queen's Head Pub and Restaurant, a lovely place to eat or enjoy a drink. Other places recommended for visits include: Southwold with its sand and pebble beach with the famous beach huts and newly rebuilt pier - it's a lovely old town, well worth a visit just to walk along the sea front. Walberswick where our favourite short walk is across a rabbit mown field and sand dunes to a lovely sandy beach. Kids can have fun catching crabs on the bridge by the car park using a weighted piece of string baited with bacon. Dunwich has a pebble beach and is less busy than others. There is a beach-side fish and chip shop for a quick tasty meal, open in the summer until 5pm.
Recommended Places to Visit: Suffolk heritage coast including Southwold, Walberswick, Dunwich Beach & Heath, Minsmere RSPB Reserve, Halesworth, Aldeburgh, Snape, Woodbridge, Sutton Hoo, the numerous large country mansions and gardens open to the public.
Annual Eventst: Antique fairs, Snape Maltings, Christmas and Victorian evenings during winter months.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Queens Head, Bramfield, Anchor Walberswick, The Ship Dunwich, The Boarding House Halesworth, The Star Wenhaston.
Local Sports: archery, bird watching, cycling, horse riding, paddle boarding, pony trekking, sailing, surfing, swimming, walking, watersports
Nearest Train Station: Darsham, 4 miles away