Book a cottage break in Tring, Hertfordshire, England
Nestled by the Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the market town of Tring is a great destination for a self-catering cottage break.
What Tring, Hertfordshire offers for Self-Catering Holidays
• With a small selection of cafes, restaurants and shops, Tring has plenty to offer visitors.
• Tring is probably most famous for being home to a Natural History Museum which features a fine collection of beautifully preserved stuffed animals, insects, birds and reptiles, collected by Lord Rothschild during his lifetime.
• For country walks, there is a nice area of countryside on the outskirts of Tring with a canal and good walks at Tring Park.
• More good walks, bike rides and even ‘Go Ape’ can be enjoyed at nearby Wendover woods. The charming town of Wendover should not be missed if holidaying in Tring. Just 5 miles from Tring, Wendover is very pretty and home to a few pubs, restaurants, shops and a fantastic chocolate café. Just outside of Wendover is Coombe Hill, a popular spot with walkers and dog-walkers alike and at its peak, you can enjoy some of the finest views of the surrounding Chilterns.
• Families holidaying with children, will perhaps want to visit the Roald Dahl Museum at nearby Great Missenden.
• Other popular family attractions within reach for days out from Tring include Whipsnade Zoo (around 8 miles from Tring) and Woburn Safari Park (around 21 miles from Tring).
Whether you opt to book a country cottage, an apartment or a townhouse, we hope you find the perfect holiday rental in or not far from Tring on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Tring cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Hertfordshire on holiday.