Cottage rentals in Tring, Hertfordshire, England
Nestled by the Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the market town of Tring is a great destination for a self-catering cottage break.
Facts about what Tring offers for Self-Catering Holidays
• With a small selection of cafes, restaurants and shops, Tring has plenty to offer visitors.
• Tring is probably most famous for being home to a Natural History Museum which features a fine collection of beautifully preserved stuffed animals, insects, birds and reptiles, collected by Lord Rothschild during his lifetime.
• For country walks, there is a nice area of countryside on the outskirts of Tring with a canal and good walks at Tring Park.
• More good walks, bike rides and even ‘Go Ape’ can be enjoyed at nearby Wendover woods. The charming town of Wendover should not be missed if holidaying in Tring. Just 5 miles from Tring, Wendover is very pretty and home to a few pubs, restaurants, shops and a fantastic chocolate café. Just outside of Wendover is Coombe Hill, a popular spot with walkers and dog-walkers alike and at its peak, you can enjoy some of the finest views of the surrounding Chilterns.
• Families holidaying with children, will perhaps want to visit the Roald Dahl Museum at nearby Great Missenden.
• Other popular family attractions within reach for days out from Tring include Whipsnade Zoo (around 8 miles from Tring) and Woburn Safari Park (around 21 miles from Tring).
Whether you opt to book a country cottage, an apartment or a townhouse, we hope you find the perfect holiday rental in or not far from Tring on Country Cottages Online.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Tring, Hertfordshire, England:
3 bedroom Cottage, Shires.
1 - 6
Comfortable and welcoming holiday cottage nestled in the tranquil Hertfordshire countryside close to Hitchin, with an indoor heated swimming pool, tennis court and country setting, Holly House Cottage is perfect from getting away from it all.
Special features: free internet access, pool (Indoor - integrated with property), tennis court.
|from 23 February to 29 February 20 from 01 March to 03 April 20|
1 bedroom Romantic Retreat, South East England.
1 - 2
Beautifully presented romantic retreat for two, set within the owner's grounds, on the outskirts of the pretty town of Harpenden, well located for driving out and exploring the Chiltern Hills and charming nearby market towns like St Albans and Berkhamsted, as well as unspoilt villages on days out.
Special features: free internet access.
|from 07 March to 15 March 20 from 22 March to 20 April 20|