Book a stay in a holiday cottage in the tranquil village of Aldbury and you can look forward to a holiday nestled next to unspoilt Hertfordshire countryside. Set within the stunning Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Aldbury with its quaint picture-perfect appeal is a fantastic setting for a break in a holiday house.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Aldbury
• Although a small village, Aldbury is home to a village shop, as well as a country inn serving food.
• Just up the hill from Aldbury is the National Trust’s Ashridge estate where a variety of woodland walks and excellent opportunities to spot resident deer await. There is a café within the woods too.
• For a great choice of shops, cafes, restaurants and for a visit to the supermarket, the lovely historic market town of Berkhamsted is just 5 miles away. Berkhamsted is also home to a picturesque canal and historic castle ruins.
• Even closer to Aldbury is the picturesque market town of Tring, which is a mere 3 mile drive away. Tring is also home to a small selection of restaurants and cafes and families in particular will want to visit the National History Museum in Tring which is home to an awe inspiring collection of stuffed animals. There are also fantastic country walks on the outskirts of Tring, either by the canal or in beautiful Tring Park.
• Hertfordshire is a great base for discovering excellent family attractions on holiday. The Roald Dahl museum in Great Missenden is a must for literary-buffs and is just 14 miles from Aldbury.
• More popular family attractions include Whipsnade Zoo (just 7 miles from Aldbury) and Woburn Safari Park (just 20 miles from Aldbury).
Whether you opt to rent a country cottage, an apartment or a townhouse in Aldbury, we hope you find perfect accommodation for you on Country Cottages Online and that have a wonderful holiday in Hertfordshire.
Book a Aldbury cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Hertfordshire on holiday.