Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Aldbury, Hertfordshire, England
Book a stay in a holiday cottage in the tranquil village of Aldbury and you can look forward to a holiday nestled next to unspoilt Hertfordshire countryside. Set within the stunning Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Aldbury with its quaint picture-perfect appeal is a fantastic setting for a break in a holiday house.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Aldbury
• Although a small village, Aldbury is home to a village shop, as well as a country inn serving food.
• Just up the hill from Aldbury is the National Trust’s Ashridge estate where a variety of woodland walks and excellent opportunities to spot resident deer await. There is a café within the woods too.
• For a great choice of shops, cafes, restaurants and for a visit to the supermarket, the lovely historic market town of Berkhamsted is just 5 miles away. Berkhamsted is also home to a picturesque canal and historic castle ruins.
• Even closer to Aldbury is the picturesque market town of Tring, which is a mere 3 mile drive away. Tring is also home to a small selection of restaurants and cafes and families in particular will want to visit the National History Museum in Tring which is home to an awe inspiring collection of stuffed animals. There are also fantastic country walks on the outskirts of Tring, either by the canal or in beautiful Tring Park.
• Hertfordshire is a great base for discovering excellent family attractions on holiday. The Roald Dahl museum in Great Missenden is a must for literary-buffs and is just 14 miles from Aldbury.
• More popular family attractions include Whipsnade Zoo (just 7 miles from Aldbury) and Woburn Safari Park (just 20 miles from Aldbury).
Whether you opt to rent a country cottage, an apartment or a townhouse in Aldbury, we hope you find perfect accommodation for you on Country Cottages Online and that have a wonderful holiday in Hertfordshire.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Aldbury, Hertfordshire, England:
1 bedroom Romantic Retreat, South East England.
1 - 2
Beautifully presented romantic retreat for two, set within the owner's grounds, on the outskirts of the pretty town of Harpenden, well located for driving out and exploring the Chiltern Hills and charming nearby market towns like St Albans and Berkhamsted, as well as unspoilt villages on days out.
Special features: free internet access.
|from 23 November 2019 to 30 November 2019; from 20 December 2019 to 17 January 2020; from 19 January 2020 to 08 February 2020;|
3 bedroom Cottage, Shires.
1 - 6
Comfortable and welcoming holiday cottage nestled in the tranquil Hertfordshire countryside close to Hitchin, with an indoor heated swimming pool, tennis court and country setting, Holly House Cottage is perfect from getting away from it all.
Special features: free internet access, pool (Indoor - integrated with property), tennis court.
|from 23 November 2019 to 20 December 2019; from 02 January 2020 to 01 July 2020;|