Self catering holiday cottages in Welwyn, Hertfordshire, England
Book a stay in a rural retreat, barn conversion or a country cottage in Welwyn and look forward to a stay next to some of Hertfordshire’s finest countryside. Welwyn is sometimes referred to as Old Welwyn and is situated close to the new town development of Welwyn Garden City.
What Welwyn offers for Cottage Breaks
With beautiful historical buildings, boutique shops, a tea shop and lovely country inns, there is plenty to recommend Welwyn for a relaxing and enjoyable self-catering holiday.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Welwyn
• For fantastic country walks, take a short car journey to Ayot St Lawrence. There are some great walks across fields and farmlands to the historic church in this hamlet. Also worth a visit for the beautiful gardens is the National Trust’s Sir Bernard Shaw’s house, on the outskirts of Ayot St Lawrence.
• If you love history then you’ll also want to visit Knebworth House, a historical house with beautiful gardens and parklands plus a dinosaur trail for younger visitors, situated just 6 miles from Welwyn.
• For families enjoying a break in this part of Hertfordshire, Whipsnade Zoo is just 40 minute’s drive away and is a great place to take the kids.
• Another Hertfordshire attraction which may well appeal to those with kids is the Warner Brothers Studio Tour, which includes a Harry Potter Tour over at Watford, only half an hour’s drive from Welwyn.
• For shopping, eating out and more historic buildings, the attractive town of St Albans is a great place to visit and is just 12 miles from Welwyn.
• Those who love outdoor activities will want to head to the Lee Valley Park where you can enjoy walking, horse riding or cycling. There is also an ice-skating rink, as well as a White Water Centre where those with a thirst for adrenaline pumping activities can enjoy some white water rafting.
Whether you’re planning a break with friends or family, Welwyn is very well placed for discovering some of the best of Hertfordshire on a cottage holiday.
Book a Welwyn cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Hertfordshire on holiday.