Harpenden, self-catering holiday cottages, barns, rural retreats and lodges to rent in Hertfordshire, England
For a cottage holiday close to the heart of Hertfordshire, Harpenden could be perfect. With a beautiful large green ideal for walks, ample green spaces, tree-lined streets along with a choice of cafes, restaurants and shops, Harpenden has plenty to offer visitors.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Harpenden
One of Hertfordshire’s most affluent towns, Harpenden is a vibrant and attractive town which is well based for discovering some of the best of the county, as well as visiting the world-class city of London.
Discover some of the Best of Hertfordshire on a Holiday in Harpenden
- Day trips in to the London are easy from Harpenden, as it’s less than half an hour’s train ride in to the city from the town’s mainline station. Whether you want to catch a show, see the city from the London Eye, go shopping or see Big Ben, London has a vast range of attractions to wow visitors.
- For shopping and eating out in Hertfordshire, the beautiful historic town of St Albans is just 5 minutes’ train ride from Harpenden or 7 miles by car. St Albans is also home to an impressive park, an awe inspiring historic Cathedral as well as Roman attractions.
- For bike rides, walks in the countryside and even thrilling activities like white water rafting, the Lee Valley Regional Park is just 20 miles from Harpenden and makes for an amazing day out.
- Families holidaying with children may also want to visit the Natural History Museum in Tring where there is a huge array of stuffed preserved animals to behold.
- To see some amazing live animals, Whipsnade Zoo is just 11 miles from Harpenden and stands within some stunning countryside, close to the Dunstable Downs.
- Another attraction that will appeal to families holidaying in the area is the Harry Potter experience at the Warner Brothers Studio Tour at Watford.
- For those who enjoy walking and wildlife watching, the Dunstable Downs and nearby Ashridge Forest should not be missed. The Ridgeway walk guides you through some of the best of the area.
Whether you opt to rent a romantic retreat or a family holiday house, Harpenden is very well placed for discovering some of the very best of Hertfordshire. We hope you find the perfect place to stay and have you best self-catering holiday yet in Harpenden.
Book a Harpenden cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Hertfordshire on holiday.