Holiday lets in Torrington, Devon, England
For a cottage holiday or rural retreat break in the gorgeous Devon countryside, just a short 20 minute drive from the coast, Torrington could be perfect.
Hints and Tips on Cottage Holidays in Torrington
What makes country cottage holidays so appealing is staying somewhere that’s surrounded by beautiful natural scenery. That’s exactly what you get if you choose to stay at Torrington. However, this charming market town in North Devon is so much more than just a pretty place: it has plenty of things to see, do and experience, and it’s a great base for exploring the surrounding area. Staying here is a wonderful and worthwhile experience that you’re sure to enjoy very much indeed.
Best Attractions in and near to Torrington in Devon
- One of Torrington's major attractions is the Torrington Heritage Museum, which is free to enter and showcases a range of exhibits detailing the town’s rich history.
- Nearby is the Pannier Market, where you’ll find a dozen shops and a market every Thursday and Saturday, as well as an arts and crafts gallery.
- Another key attraction is the RHS Garden Rosemoor, a 65 acre garden featuring a tearoom, library, plant centre, shop and restaurant, with a large number of rare plants on display.
- Though there’s plenty to see and do in Torrington itself, there’s also lots to experience outside of the town. The coast is just 20 minutes drive away and there are many fine beaches including Westward Ho! with its golden sands to discover. The North Devon coastline is known for its outstanding natural beauty and attracts many visitors from nearby and afar.
- Families with children will want to head to the nearby Milky Way Adventure Park (15 miles from Torrington) for laughs, fun and thrills.
- Also worth a visit for its riverside appeal, shops and eateries is the appealing estuary town of Barnstaple, just 11 miles from Torrington.
Whether you're planning to take it easy on holiday or want to get out and explore, Torrington is a great base for a self-catering cottage break where you can discover some of the best of the Devon coast and countryside.