Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Bolberry, Devon, England
For a rural retreat break where you can easily enjoy time by the coast and in the countryside, Bolberry in Devon’s South Hams Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty could be the perfect place to stay.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Bolberry
Hidden away down country lanes, the tranquil rural hamlet of Bolberry with its stone-built barn conversions and farmhouses is a great place to get away from it all on a relaxing self-catering holiday. Set within the scenic South Hams, just 1.5 miles from the local beach at Hope Cove, this is a breathtakingly beautiful area with plenty to recommend it, whether for a family holiday or romantic break.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Bolberry
• Just a short walk from Bolberry is Bolberry Down, an absolutely beautiful area of coastline with dramatic cliffs. Walk along the South West Coastal Path through this awe inspiring coastal area.
• Keen walkers will want to follow the South West Coastal Path further along the coast to discover more of this picturesque part of coastal Devon.
• For fun days out by the seaside with family or your partner, Hope Cove is just a short distance from Bolberry. This sandy beach lies nestled by the villages of Inner and Outer Hope and is a sheltered dog-friendly bay. At Hope Cove there is a pub, shop and tea rooms.
• Another beautiful beach can be found at nearby South Milton Sands, around 4 miles from Bolberry where there is a long stretch of sandy beach which is protected by the National Trust.
• If you want to enjoy walking, cycling or horse riding in the lush Devon countryside, the wonderful landscape of Dartmoor National Park is just half an hour’s drive away so easily accessible for days out.
Whether you opt to rent a coastal cottage or a countryside holiday house, we hope you find the perfect place to stay in or near to Bolberry on Country Cottages Online.