Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Portsoy, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Get away for a coastal cottage holiday to Portsoy in Aberdeenshire. This quaint unspoilt fishing village with its historical and prettily coloured cottages and attractive harbour is a great place for a relaxing self-catering holiday along the Aberdeenshire coast.
Facts about what Portsoy offers for Self-Catering Breaks
If you enjoy exploring the great outdoors and naturally beautiful scenery, this is a great part of Scotland to discover.
Top Places to Visit on a Cottage Holiday in Portsoy
- The attractive coastal town of Banff is just a short drive away from Portsoy and the picture-perfect seaside village of Gardenstown with its quaint harbour is just slightly further along the coast. Just along from Gardenstown is the pretty little village of Pennan with its pebble beach, sea caves and picturesque white-washed fishermen's cottages.
- Lossiemouth is less than an hour's drive away and with two beautiful golden sandy beaches edged by sand dunes, this town is well worth a visit.
- For keen birdwatchers, the Bullers of Buchan are a must-see and are situated around an hour's drive from Portsoy. These impressive high cliffs with their sheer drops are home to a variety of puffins, guillemots and various other seabirds. There are no barriers at the Bullers of Buchan meaning that great care should be taken when visiting and this is not a suitable place to bring dogs or small children.
- Just along from the Bullers of Buchan is the attractive seaside village of Cruden Bay with its long stretch of beautiful golden sands and historical castle. Local legend has it that the story of Dracula was inspired by Bram Stoker's visit to the village and Slains castle.
- Those who enjoy walking will find ample opportunities to enjoy walking along the beaches and coastline of Aberdeenshire. This is an isolated and remote part of Scotland where you can find solitude if you seek it. This part of Scotland is also renowned for its golf courses and keen golfers will be well catered for here. Horse riding is also possible in the Aberdeenshire countryside.
Whether you opt to rent a holiday apartment or townhouse, we trust that you'll discover some of the best of the Aberdeenshire coastline with a self-catering holiday in Portsoy.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Portsoy, Aberdeenshire, Scotland:
2 bedroom Log Cabins, Near the Cairngorms National Park.
1 - 4
A collection of 5 good quality dog-friendly log cabins secluded away in a Scots pine forest, ideally located for discovering the best of Royal Deeside and the Cairngorms National Park in Scotland.
|from 11 April to 24 April 20 from 01 May to 11 May 20|
2 bedroom Log Cabins, Cairngorm National Park.
1 - 4
Collection of holiday log cabins backing on to a nature reserve in Royal Deeside, with walks next to the nearby loch close by and the Cairngorms National Park within reach for days out.
Special features: free internet access.