Cottage Holidays in Pennan, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
For a self-catering holiday by the coast in Aberdeenshire, a stay in the tiny fishing village of Pennan could be the ideal choice. Picture-perfect, so pretty is Pennan with its white-washed fishermen’s cottages that it has featured in a number of films.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Pennan
• For a tranquil seaside holiday in Aberdeenshire, a stay in the tiny coastal village of Pennan with its pebble beach and setting at the bottom of grass-covered cliffs could be ideal. Worries and stress can seem far away in such a tranquil and untouched location.
• Within the village is a friendly pub serving food and drinks.
• The nearby coastline (on the way to Aberdour Bay) is marked with red sandstone caves and sea arches, many of which can only be safely visited at low tide.
• For coastal walks and more picture-perfect seaside scenery, the nearby seaside villages of Gardenstown and Crovie are well worth a visit.
• For a long stretch of family-friendly golden sandy beach, the village of Cruden Bay (around 50 minutes’ drive from Pennan) is not to be missed. Also when visiting Cruden Bay, don’t miss the chance to visit the dramatic ruins of Slains Castle which are precariously perched on a cliff edge (dogs should be kept on a lead and it’s not wise to visit with children aged younger than 12 as there are no barriers and steep drops).
• Head west rather than east from Pennan on your cottage break and you can visit the bustling fishing town of Buckie where dolphin watching boat trips run in season.
Whether you’re planning a take it easy cottage holiday or want to explore this lovely part of Aberdeenshire from a holiday lodge, the scenery in this part of North East Scotland is truly spectacular, as is the wildlife.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Pennan, Aberdeenshire, Scotland:
2 bedroom Log Cabins, Near the Cairngorms National Park.
1 - 4
A collection of 5 good quality dog-friendly log cabins secluded away in a Scots pine forest, ideally located for discovering the best of Royal Deeside and the Cairngorms National Park in Scotland.
|from 11 April to 24 April 20 from 01 May to 11 May 20|
2 bedroom Log Cabins, Cairngorm National Park.
1 - 4
Collection of holiday log cabins backing on to a nature reserve in Royal Deeside, with walks next to the nearby loch close by and the Cairngorms National Park within reach for days out.
Special features: free internet access.