Self catering holiday cottages in Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Discover some of the best of the Cairngorms, Scotland Castle Country and the scenic Banff and Buchan coast on a cottage holiday in or near to Aberdeen.
Hints and Tips on Cottage Holidays in Aberdeen
With some super attractions within easy reach of Aberdeen, there is plenty to see and do within the granite city itself, as well as in the surrounding coast and countryside.
Top Things to See and Do on a Self-Catering Break in Aberdeen
- Within the city of Aberdeen itself there are ample shops, restaurants, swanky bars, as well as galleries and museums such as the Aberdeen Maritime Museum.
- To get the best out of a trip to Aberdeen it's essential to hire a car or have use of a car so that you can get out and explore some of the best of Aberdeenshire.
- Head to the Cairngorms National Park for stunning scenery and the chance to enjoy some great outdoor activities such as walking, hiking, mountain biking, horse riding or wildlife watching.
- At Cairngorm mountain in season you can enjoy some fantastic winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding or sledging.
- For more days out in the Aberdeenshire countryside head to Royal Deeside and discover why the Queen likes to holiday in this part of Scotland with a visit to Braemar Castle. Stop off at pretty villages en route such as Ballater, Banchory or Dinnet with its idyllic setting by hills and lochs and its nature reserve.
- If visiting castles appeals to you then Aberdeenshire is a great place to holiday as this is officially Scotland's Castle Country with lots of castles to be found in this area. Crathes Castle, Drum Castle, Huntly Castle, Delgatie Castle and Tolquhon Castle are just some of the available options.
- Any visit to Aberdeen would be incomplete without a trip out to the Aberdeenshire coast. A network of roads form the Aberdeenshire Coastal Route and guides you along the way.
- Discover picture perfect coastal villages such as Cruden Bay with its glorious sandy beach, Gardenstown with its quaint fishermen's cottages and Pennan with its white-washed cottages and interesting sea caves.
All in all, a self-catering holiday in or near to Aberdeen has plenty to offer. Options within the granite city include holiday apartments whereas country cottages, farm-stays and rural retreats can be found in the nearby countryside. We hope you find the perfect holiday cottage for you in or near to Aberdeen.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland:
2 bedroom Log Cabins, Near the Cairngorms National Park.
1 - 4
A collection of 5 good quality dog-friendly log cabins secluded away in a Scots pine forest, ideally located for discovering the best of Royal Deeside and the Cairngorms National Park in Scotland.
|from 11 April to 24 April 20 from 01 May to 11 May 20|
2 bedroom Log Cabins, Cairngorm National Park.
1 - 4
Collection of holiday log cabins backing on to a nature reserve in Royal Deeside, with walks next to the nearby loch close by and the Cairngorms National Park within reach for days out.
Special features: free internet access.