Choose Inverurie as the destination for your next cottage holiday and look forward to a stay in a lovely Aberdeenshire town which is set in the valley of the River Don and surrounded by unspoilt Aberdeenshire countryside.
What Inverurie offers for Cottage Breaks
With tree lined streets and elegant grey stone-built buildings along with a small collection of shops and a few restaurants, Inverurie is an attractive and welcoming Aberdeenshire town.
Best Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Inverurie
• Inverurie is well located for discovering Scotland’s castle country. Visit fascinating historical castles such as Tolquhon Castle, Fyvie Castle, Dunnideer Castle, Craigievar Castle and Midmar Castle for great days out.
• Balmoral Castle (said to be the Queen’s favourite holiday home) is also within reach, at around an hour and 10 minutes’ drive from Inverurie.
• Another fascinating place close to Inverurie is Easter Aquhorthies where there is a fascinating stone circle.
• For shopping, eating out, bars and cultural attractions including museums such as Aberdeen Maritime Museum, Provost Skene's House and the Tolbooth Museum, as well as art galleries, the grand city of Aberdeen
is just 35 minutes’ drive from Inverurie.
• Those holidaying with children may want to visit the Den and the Glen (formerly Storybook Glen) near Aberdeen where there is a large indoor soft play area for children, a sports area, a children’s playground as well as an Old MacDonald’s farm and various nursery rhyme characters for the kids to meet.
Whether you opt to stay in a Scottish country cottage, a holiday lodge, an apartment or a stone-built house, we trust you’ll have a fantastic time in Inverurie on your Aberdeenshire holiday.
Book a Inverurie cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Aberdeenshire on holiday.