For a country cottage holiday or a rural retreat break in Aberdeenshire, the large village of Mintlaw could be a great choice.
• There are a few shops in Mintlaw, a few take-away restaurants and a few restaurants/pubs serving food. Mintlaw is well connected for discovering some of the best of Aberdeenshire on holiday as it lies on the A950.
About Self-Catering Holidays in Mintlaw
• Mintlaw lies just 2 miles from Aden Country Park, an extensive park with wide open green spaces covering some 230 acres. There is a cafe/restaurant within the park, as well as a children's play area and the Aberdeenshire Farming Museum.
• Just a short drive from Mintlaw is Aikey Brae Stone Circle, atop Parkhouse Hill, a must-see for those who find stone circles fascinating.
• For days out the Aberdeenshire coast is within relatively easy reach. Cruden Bay with its long stretch of golden sands and fascinating castle ruins which stand atop a cliff edge is well worth a visit and just 14 miles from Mintlaw.
• Other pretty fishing villages within a half hour's drive worth visiting including Collieston, Gardenstown and Pennan.
Whether you are searching for a family cottage, a romantic retreat or group accommodation, we hope you find the perfect self-catering rental for your holiday in or near to Mintlaw.
Whether you choose to book a holiday cottage in Mintlaw, an apartment, a lodge or another type of self-catering holiday accommodation, we hope you have your best holiday yet in Aberdeenshire.