Self catering holiday cottage rentals in Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire, England
If you’re looking for a scenic place for a self-catering break in Worcestershire then the town of Tenbury Wells could be the perfect choice. Whether you rent an apartment or a townhouse in Tenbury Wells itself or find a log cabin, a rural retreat or a barn conversion in the nearby countryside, this part of Worcestershire has plenty to offer.
Hints and Tips on Cottage Holidays in Tenbury Wells
- Tenbury Wells is a very pretty small historic market town through which the River Terne flows. The town has a beautiful historic high street with elegant buildings including black and white buildings, as well as a good selection of independent shops, cafes and eateries and a town museum.
- One of the most notable and interesting buildings in the town is a fascinating round building, known as the Tenbury Round Markets, which was originally built to allow farming families to sell butter and chicken indoors
- There is a town trail which guides visitors to the Pump Rooms, St Mary’s Church, Tenbury Museum, and the Round Market.
- On days out enjoy walks through the Teme Valley; there is a Teme valley trail which passes through part of the Geopark Way, where you may be lucky enough to see pine martens.
- The Wyre Forest National Nature Reserve is also nearby, and only around 20 minutes’ drive away, and is a great place to go cycling, horse riding and walking.
- Those who love to explore the great outdoors will also want to visit the Shropshire Hills AONB just 5 miles away, as well as the Malvern Hills AONB which is slightly further afield 14 miles away.
- For shopping, dining out and sightseeing, the pretty town of Leominster is just 9 miles away, Ludlow is 10 miles away and Worcester is just 24 miles away so there are lots of great places to discover for day trips.
Book a Tenbury Wells cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Worcestershire on holiday.