Looking to take a cottage holiday close to some of England’s finest countryside? If so a cottage break or lodge holiday in or close to Beckford could be perfect. The small pretty village of Beckford in Worcestershire lies close to the border with Gloucestershire and with country lanes, fields and pastures, Beckford has plenty to recommend it for an English country cottage holiday.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Beckford
Situated close to the Bredon Hill National Nature Reserve, just outside of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and only around half an hour’s drive from the scenic Malvern Hills AONB, Beckford is well placed for exploring this beautiful area of England.
Top Things to See and Do on a Self-Catering Cottage Holiday in Beckford
• Beckford Nature Reserve boasts a variety of birds, plants and insects. Its South Hide overlooks a lake where you can observe birds on the water. Sightings at the reserve include red kites, kingfishers and heron.
• Keen walkers and wildlife lovers will want to spend enjoyable days out walking and rambling in the beautiful Malvern Hills and in the Cotswolds Hills.
• Enjoy days out also visiting the delightful towns and villages in the Malvern Hills. Places such as Great Malvern and Droitwich Spa are particularly pretty.
• The Cotswolds AONB is also home to numerous attractive towns and villages such as Bourton on the Water, Upper Slaughter, Lower Slaughter, Painswick and Stow-on-the-Wold which are a joy to discover. Enjoy a spot of boutique shopping along with stop offs in the country inns or local tea shops in one of these beautiful Cotswold towns or villages.
• For shopping and restaurants, the elegant spa town of Cheltenham is just 9.5 miles from Beckford and Gloucester is only 18 miles away.
• Also near to Beckford is the town of Tewkesbury. This beautiful historic town is known for the preservation of its medieval buildings with half-timbered houses and beautifully carved doorways. You can see the town from the water by taking a cruise along the river. Some of the town’s best attractions include the John Moore Countryside Museum and the 12th century Tewkesbury Abbey.
All in all Beckford is perfect for a country holiday and Country Cottages Online features an excellent choice of countryside cottages ranging from farm-stays to rural retreats.
Book a Beckford cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Worcestershire on holiday.