Treat yourself to a self-catering break in the charming town of Selby in North Yorkshire and enjoy discovering some of the best of Yorkshire on a break with family or friends.
About Selby for Cottage Holidays
The town of Selby with its elegant historical buildings, generous parklands and location by the River Ouse has plenty to recommend it. Within reach of Selby for days out are the beautiful city of York, the bustling city of Leeds and Hull with its cultural attractions.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Selby
• Selby has plenty of eateries, bars and shops to keep you entertained.
• If you enjoy walking in tranquil countryside head for the nearby Barlow Common Nature Reserve where you can enjoy birdwatching or do a spot of fishing (permits are required).
• Just half an hour’s drive from Selby is the historical city of York with its medieval streets, assortment of fascinating historic buildings, museums, shops, restaurants, bars and city walls.
• Just 40 minutes’ drive from Selby is the vibrant city of Leeds. For excellent shopping, restaurants galore, theatre shows, galleries and museums, Leeds has plenty to offer.
• Visit Hull, just 45 minutes’ drive from Selby and enjoy fantastic cultural attractions in this city which is the UK’s City of Culture 2017.
Options in terms of accommodation in and near Selby include holiday apartments and townhouses within Selby itself and rural retreats, barn conversions and farm-stays in the surrounding countryside. Whichever type of accommodation suits you best, we hope you find the perfect holiday house to rent in or close to Selby on Country Cottages Online.
Whether you choose to book a holiday cottage in Selby, an apartment, a lodge or another type of self-catering holiday accommodation, we hope you have your best holiday yet in North Yorkshire.