Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Ramsgate, Kent, England
Looking to escape to the Kent coast for a seaside cottage holiday? If so, Ramsgate with its picturesque seaside appeal, Royal harbour and sandy beaches could be a great choice. Whether you want to rent an apartment or a holiday cottage, Ramsgate is an appealing place for a break by the seaside.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Ramsgate
• Home to a good choice of eateries and shops, Ramsgate has plenty to offer visitors. The harbour arches and shops are a popular spot.
• There are 3 beaches to choose from in Ramsgate; Ramsgate Main Sands set by chalk cliffs, Ramsgate East Cliff Promenade and Beach and Western Undercliff Beach set by chalk cliffs and with a small tidal paddling pool.
• Those who love history will want to visit the Ramsgate Tunnels, a labyrinth of tunnels used to shelter people during the WWII air raids.
• If you love to explore the coast, Ramsgate is a great choice as it’s also close to Margate, Broadstairs and not too far from Whitstable. Margate is just 5 miles away and is another appealing Kent seaside town, Broadstairs with its seven sandy beaches and links to Charles Dickens is just 2 miles from Ramsgate and Whitstable with its historic charm is just 20 miles away.
• Other popular places to visit nearby along the Kent coast include Botany Bay where there is a sandy shore, interesting chalk rocks plus fossils and Kingsgate Bay with its sandy beach and dramatic white cliffs.
Whether for a family break, a holiday with friends or a romantic getaway, Ramsgate has so very much to offer. We hope you find perfect accommodation for your break in Ramsgate on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Ramsgate cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Kent on holiday.