Cottage Holidays in Tenterden, Kent, England
Looking to take a cottage holiday within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with the coast within reach for days out too? If so, a stay in or near to the lovely historical town of Tenterden which lies on the edge of the High Weald AONB, between Cranbrook, Ashford and Rye and around 40 minutes’ drive from the coast could be perfect.
Facts about what Tenterden offers for Self-Catering Holidays
- Tenterden has many fine historical buildings (follow the Heritage Trail to learn more about the town’s history) which give the town lots of charm, as well as a good choice of independent shops and cafes and restaurants to entertain visitors. Much of the early wealth of Tenterden came from the wool industry of the 13th and 14th centuries and from this wealth, fine period houses can be seen in the town centre.
- Amazingly there is also a steam railway in town; the Kent and East Sussex Museum, giving the area even more charm and appeal. This railway can take you through the High Weald countryside through to Bodiam.
- Bodiam Castle is a popular nearby attraction which with its moated location and history that dates back to the 14th century is one of England’s most impressive and fascinating castles.
- For those keen to discover more amazing historic castles Hever Castle with its extensive gardens and associations with Anne Boleyn is not to be missed.
- For more historic Kent appeal, the very pretty town of Cranbrook is just 8 miles from Tenterden and is worth a visit.
- When holidaying in Tenterden, the coast is within reach for day trips too. Around 40 minutes’ drive away is Camber in Sussex where there is a lovely long stretch of sandy beach.
There is so much to see and do in this part of Kent; from enjoying various outdoor activities in the countryside to enjoying a taste of café-society in Kent’s historic market towns to exploring the Sussex and Kent coast, you’ll never be short of options.
Whether you opt to rent a rural retreat, a large country house or a wooden holiday lodge, we hope you find the perfect holiday cottage for you in or around Tenterden on Country Cottages Online.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Tenterden, Kent, England:
3 bedroom Lodge, South Coast.
2 - 8
An amazing family summer holiday awaits the lucky people who book this three bedroom barn conversion with an outdoor swimming pool, mini gym, sauna and games room facilities near Knockholt just inside the M25 near London, convenient for many of the top tourist attractions in the city as well as shopping at Bluewater and touring northern Kent.
Special features: free internet access, pool (Outdoor swimming pool in garden.), games room, sauna.
3 bedroom Holiday Lodge, Kent - the Garden of England.
2 - 6
With a fun sounding name, this colourfully decorated 3 bedroom holiday lodge is well equipped for an enjoyable break for all of the family and two of the bedrooms benefit from sea views, this delightful property is located within a holiday park atop the cliffs in Kent where the shared leisure facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, crazy golf and tennis court.
Special features: free internet access, pool (), tennis court.
|from 01 February to 02 February 20 from 14 February to 11 July 20|
7 bedroom Medieval Manor House, South of England.
10 - 26
Searching for an impressive historical country house in Kent? If so this 7 bedroom manor house could be perfect for your party, special event or special holiday, with a games room with snooker table and grand piano plus beautifully presented extensive gardens with tennis courts, this is a great place for large groups of up to 26 friends or family to holiday altogether.
Special features: free internet access, tennis court, games room.
|from 20 January to 24 January 20 from 26 January to 31 January 20|
4 bedroom Cottage, South Coast.
1 - 7
This detached farmhouse is situated in the small village of Lenham Heath in Kent and can sleep seven people in four bedrooms.
|from 04 April to 25 April 20 from 02 May to 23 May 20|