Self catering holiday cottages in Folkestone, Kent, England
If you’re thinking of taking a break in coastal Kent, booking a stay in the seaside town of Folkestone may appeal to you.
Folkestone is located on the South East coast of Kent, between Hythe and Dover. Hythe is 5 miles away and Dover with its white cliffs is around 10 miles away.
There is good access from London, ensuring Folkestone's popularity with summer visitors.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Folkestone
As one of Kent’s traditional seaside towns, Folkestone has its fair share of attractions, as well as a number of claims to fame. By all accounts Folkestone can be an inspiring place; Charles Dickens is reputed to have written Little Dorrit in this town, Agatha Christie, the Murder on the Orient Express and H.G. Wells, the War of the Worlds. Within Folkestone you can visit Spade House, where H.G. Wells lived.
Recommended places to visit in Folkestone include:
• Folkestone’s award winning coastal park; the Lower Leas. Walk along the Leas and take in the promenades with stunning sea views, then visit the park for the tree sheltered recreational areas, gardens and amphitheatre. There is also a large children’s adventure playground which is free to use.
• The Old High Street with is cobbled streets and route down to the harbour. Nearby there are plenty of restaurants, cafes, art galleries and interesting shops.
• There is also a fantastic shopping district with high street and independent stores, plenty of restaurants and pubs and a range of supermarkets so that you can purchase food to cook in the comfort of your kitchen in your holiday cottage in Folkestone.
• Being on the coast, one of Folkestone’s best attractions has to be its long sandy beach that ends in striking white chalk cliffs; the Leas, a geological feature of the south coast. Taking walks up by the Leas is a fantastic way of soaking up the incredible scenery of Folkestone.
• Part of the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is located in Folkestone, so if you adore the great outdoors and like to go on long hikes or cycles through unspoiled natural surroundings, this is a great place to do so. Brockhill Country Park close to Folkestone also has a number of walking trails deep in a valley around a pristine lake.
Places to visit near to Folkestone include:
• The Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• Romney Marsh with its marshlands and wealth of wildlife is a great part of the country to explore.
• The Elham Valley in the North Downs is another beautiful rural area.
• the Kent Battle of Britain Museum lies 4 miles from Folkestone.
• East Cliff and Warren Country Park,
• Port Lympne Animal Park,
• the Old Lighthouse at Dungeness,
• the Nature Reserve at Dungeness and
• the pretty town of Hythe.
Whether you need to find a romantic retreat for two or a large house to rent, we hope you find good quality self-catering accommodation to rent in or near Folkestone in Kent.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Folkestone, Kent, England:
7 bedroom Medieval Manor House, South of England.
10 - 26
Searching for an impressive historical country house in Kent? If so this 7 bedroom manor house could be perfect for your party, special event or special holiday, with a games room with snooker table and grand piano plus beautifully presented extensive gardens with tennis courts, this is a great place for large groups of up to 26 friends or family to holiday altogether.
Special features: free internet access, tennis court, games room.
|from 27 January to 31 January 20 from 10 February to 12 February 20|
4 bedroom Cottage, South Coast.
1 - 7
4 bedroom holiday house with charm and character in the Kent Downs, near Ashford.
Special features: free internet access.
|from 04 April to 25 April 20 from 02 May to 23 May 20|
3 bedroom Holiday Lodge, Kent - the Garden of England.
2 - 6
With a fun sounding name, this colourfully decorated 3 bedroom holiday lodge is well equipped for an enjoyable break for all of the family and two of the bedrooms benefit from sea views, this delightful property is located within a holiday park atop the cliffs in Kent where the shared leisure facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, crazy golf and tennis court.
Special features: free internet access, pool (), tennis court.
|from 01 February to 02 February 20 from 14 February to 04 July 20|
3 bedroom Scandinavian Style Lodge, South Coast.
2 - 6
Three bedroom holiday lodge near a quiet beach close to Deal, enjoying use of excellent onsite shared facilities including a children's play area, crazy golf and a tennis court.
Special features: free internet access.