Self catering holiday cottages in Folkestone, Kent, England
If you’re thinking of taking a break in coastal Kent, booking a stay in the seaside town of Folkestone may appeal to you.
Folkestone is located on the South East coast of Kent, between Hythe and Dover. Hythe is 5 miles away and Dover with its white cliffs is around 10 miles away.
There is good access from London, ensuring Folkestone's popularity with summer visitors.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Folkestone
As one of Kent’s traditional seaside towns, Folkestone has its fair share of attractions, as well as a number of claims to fame. By all accounts Folkestone can be an inspiring place; Charles Dickens is reputed to have written Little Dorrit in this town, Agatha Christie, the Murder on the Orient Express and H.G. Wells, the War of the Worlds. Within Folkestone you can visit Spade House, where H.G. Wells lived.
Recommended places to visit in Folkestone include:
• Folkestone’s award winning coastal park; the Lower Leas. Walk along the Leas and take in the promenades with stunning sea views, then visit the park for the tree sheltered recreational areas, gardens and amphitheatre. There is also a large children’s adventure playground which is free to use.
• The Old High Street with is cobbled streets and route down to the harbour. Nearby there are plenty of restaurants, cafes, art galleries and interesting shops.
• There is also a fantastic shopping district with high street and independent stores, plenty of restaurants and pubs and a range of supermarkets so that you can purchase food to cook in the comfort of your kitchen in your holiday cottage in Folkestone.
• Being on the coast, one of Folkestone’s best attractions has to be its long sandy beach that ends in striking white chalk cliffs; the Leas, a geological feature of the south coast. Taking walks up by the Leas is a fantastic way of soaking up the incredible scenery of Folkestone.
• Part of the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is located in Folkestone, so if you adore the great outdoors and like to go on long hikes or cycles through unspoiled natural surroundings, this is a great place to do so. Brockhill Country Park close to Folkestone also has a number of walking trails deep in a valley around a pristine lake.
Places to visit near to Folkestone include:
• The Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• Romney Marsh with its marshlands and wealth of wildlife is a great part of the country to explore.
• The Elham Valley in the North Downs is another beautiful rural area.
• the Kent Battle of Britain Museum lies 4 miles from Folkestone.
• East Cliff and Warren Country Park,
• Port Lympne Animal Park,
• the Old Lighthouse at Dungeness,
• the Nature Reserve at Dungeness and
• the pretty town of Hythe.
Whether you need to find a romantic retreat for two or a large house to rent, we hope you find good quality self-catering accommodation to rent in or near Folkestone in Kent.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Folkestone, Kent, England:
3 bedroom Lodge, South Coast.
2 - 8
An amazing family summer holiday awaits the lucky people who book this three bedroom barn conversion with an outdoor swimming pool, mini gym, sauna and games room facilities near Knockholt just inside the M25 near London, convenient for many of the top tourist attractions in the city as well as shopping at Bluewater and touring northern Kent.
Special features: free internet access, pool (Outdoor swimming pool in garden.), games room, sauna.
3 bedroom Holiday Lodge, Kent - the Garden of England.
2 - 6
With a fun sounding name, this colourfully decorated 3 bedroom holiday lodge is well equipped for an enjoyable break for all of the family and two of the bedrooms benefit from sea views, this delightful property is located within a holiday park atop the cliffs in Kent where the shared leisure facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, crazy golf and tennis court.
Special features: free internet access, pool (), tennis court.
7 bedroom Medieval Manor House, South of England.
10 - 26
Searching for an impressive historical country house in Kent? If so this 7 bedroom manor house could be perfect for your party, special event or special holiday, with a games room with snooker table and grand piano plus beautifully presented extensive gardens with tennis courts, this is a great place for large groups of up to 26 friends or family to holiday altogether.
Special features: free internet access, tennis court, games room.
3 bedroom Bungalow, Kent Downs.
2 - 6
Unique holiday cottage with fabulous sea views perched high on the cliff in a breathtaking location along the White Cliffs of Dover.
Special features: free internet access.