Escape on a cottage break to the small pretty village of Chideock in Dorset. With its quaint thatched cottages and a setting next to rolling countryside, as well as a location less than one mile from Seatown and the coast, there is plenty to recommend a self-catering holiday in Chideock.
About Self-Catering Holidays in Chideock
When it comes to facilities, Chideock itself is home to a couple of pubs, a post office and a church.
Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Chideock
• When it comes to days out by the coast, the lovely coastal hamlet of Seatown is less than a mile away from Chideock so within walking distance! There is a shingle beach at Seatown which is open to the public.
• If you want the hustle and bustle of town, the lively seaside town of Lyme Regis is just 15 minutes’ drive from Chideock and Weymouth with its beautiful golden sandy beach and Sea Life Adventure Park is around 40 minutes’ drive away.
• Also close by is the Jurassic coastline, an area renowned for its beauty and for excellent fossil hunting opportunities.
• Inland just 20 minutes’ drive from Chideock is the village of Abbotsbury which is worth a visit for families on account of the Children’s Farm there. Others choose to visit Abbotsbury to visit the Swannery there and the Subtropical Gardens.
• For those who enjoy birdwatching, there are a number of RSPB sites to visit in this part of the West Country.
• If you want to spend some time in the countryside, as well as by the coast, the Blackdown Hills AONB is within easy reach of Chideock and there are a range of exhilarating outdoor activities on offer in this stunning landscape.
Lodges, Cottages and Good Quality Holiday Houses in Chideock, Dorset
Whatever type of accommodation you want to rent in Dorset, whether it be a lodge, an apartment, a chalet or a holiday cottage, we hope you find the perfect holiday home for your Chideock holiday on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Chideock cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Dorset on holiday.