Self catering holiday cottage rentals in Dorchester, Dorset, England
Taking a break in Dorchester, Dorset's county town, can be a great choice for those looking for ample facilities close at hand, as well as an excellent location for discovering some of the best of the Dorset coast and countryside on days out.
What Dorchester, Dorset offers for Self-Catering Holidays
Whether for a romantic break or family holiday, Dorset has plenty to offer visitors.
What Dorchester Offers for Self-Catering Breaks
Dorchester is home to a great choice of shops, restaurants and bars, as well as some fascinating visitor attractions. There are many fine historic buildings within Dorchester, the most striking of which is a gatehouse in which the Dorchester Keep Military Museum is now housed.
Dorchester is even home to ancient historical attractions including the remains of a Roman Town House with impressive mosaic found within the grounds of County Hall and a neolithic henge and Roman Ampitheatre called the Maumbury Rings which are just a short walk from Dorchester town centre.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Dorchester
• Those holidaying with kids may want to visit the award winning Dinosaur Museum in Dorchester where you can learn about the Jurassic coast, fossils and dinosaurs.
• Whilst enjoying a stay in Dorchester, for an invigorating walk, head for Maiden Castle Hillfort, an ancient hillfort set in around 45 acres of countryside around 2 miles from Dorchester.
• Weymouth with its golden sandy beach is less than 8 miles drive from Dorchester. Those with kids will find plenty to keep children entertained with mini golf and trampolines down by the seafront, along with the attractions of a Sea Life Adventure Park and Sandworld Sand Sculpture Park in town.
• Abbotsbury, just 10 miles from Dorchester is also well worth a visit as it's home to a range of attractions including a Farm Park and Swannery and Subtropical Gardens.
• For walks in the countryside and a fantastic setting for a variety of outdoor activities, head to the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which is found all around Dorchester.
• A holiday in this part of Dorset would be incomplete without a visit to the fascinating Jurassic coast where you can fossil hunt, walk along the many lovely beaches and discover hidden coves.
Choose to holiday in Dorchester and options in terms of holiday accommodation include town-houses and budget apartments, as well as good quality country cottages, rural retreats and barn conversions in the nearby countryside. Whatever your dream holiday home, we hope you find the perfect holiday cottage for you in or near to Dorchester on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Dorchester cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Dorset on holiday.