Cottage rentals in Wimborne Minster, Dorset, England
Escape to the pretty town of Wimborne Minster in Dorset for a relaxing cottage holiday. This appealing town is well placed for a holiday where you can discover some of the best of Dorset and also nearby Hampshire. There is plenty of beautiful countryside to discover nearby; the New Forest National Park with its forests and wild ponies is just 11 miles away, as is the Moors Valley Country Park and Forest and the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is even closer. It's also easy to visit the seaside from here as the stunning Dorset coast is just 7 miles away.
Facts about what Wimborne Minster offers for Self-Catering Holidays
Wimborne Minster, sometimes just called Wimborne, is the name of a fine market town in Dorset. Much of this town's appeal lies in its centuries-old buildings, which have been well-preserved. Independent shops, local pubs and restaurants offer pleasant days out, as well as the traditional market stalls.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Wimborne Minster
• Aside from a base to explore the pretty Dorset countryside, Wimborne offers lots to do for families. The Priest's House Museum displays fascinating local history in addition to children's activities and a walled garden.
• Adults and children alike will be enchanted by the Model Town, a 1/10th-scale miniature layout designed to look like the town did in the 1950s.
• Walford Mill Craft Centre is within an historic mill building by a stream and houses exhibitions of modern crafts. For entertainment, get tickets for the Tivoli Theatre, a venue that has shown films and presented live events since 1936. See plays, stand-up comedy and pop concerts in this historic Art Deco building.
• Wimborne Minster is just five miles from Poole, which is an attractive coastal town with many attractions and lovely beaches in the vicinity.
• For those who love outdoor activities such as walking, cycling or wildlife watching, the unspoilt scenery of the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and New Forest beckon.
• If you love to spend time by the seaside, rest assured that the coast is only around 7 miles away. Poole is just 7 miles from Wimborne Minster and the popular seaside town of Bournemouth is just 10 miles away.
Whether you’re planning to stay in a townhouse in Wimborne Minster or in a rural retreat or holiday lodge in the nearby countryside, we hope you find the perfect cottage for your Dorset holiday on Country Cottages Online.