Description: About Myrtle House Old Farmhouse and Annexe
Large 4 Bedroom Somerset Cottage with Large Gardens and Paddock and Separate 1 Bedroom Annexe
Get away with friends or family to Myrtle House in beautiful Somerset. There are two self-contained holiday homes at Myrtle House, each offers homely comfortable accommodation. The main fine stone-built Old Farmhouse dates back to 1867 and with its ample character and gardens plus paddock (ideal for playing cricket or other ball games), is a great place for a holiday either with friends or family. The Annexe offers modern stylish accommodation. Set within the village of Horton, there is one welcoming pub within walking distance, as well as a village shop and post office and Ilminster is just 3 miles away.
Choose from 2 properties or rent both for groups of up to 9-11 people:
- The Old Farmhouse - sleeps up to 7 people plus a baby in 4 comfortable bedrooms. Special access features include a stairlift and a wet-room style shower room and ramp for wheelchair access to the rear entrance of the property. Weekly rental prices are from £350 - £800.
- The Annexe - this property adjoins the Old Farmhouse and offers modern, accessible accommodation and disabled accessible features including wheelchair wide doorways and ramps, two profiling beds and grab rails and shower seat in the shower. The Barn sleeps up to 4 people with one twin bedroom and use of the sofa bed. Weekly rental prices from £300 - £560.
For those who enjoy exploring the great outdoors, the stunning Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty are only around 10 minutes' drive away and the coast is within reach for days out too with Lyme Regis just 17 miles and Charmouth 18 miles away. There are a number of fantastic beaches within an hour's drive.
Layout of Accommodation at the Old Farmhouse
The Old Farmhouse with its comfortable accommodation could be a great base for your Somerset holiday. There are two sitting rooms, each with a TV ; one with a lovely Inglenook fireplace, ideal for relaxing with a book or watching a DVD. Also on the ground floor is the well equipped kitchen/diner, separate dining room, and a shower room (which also houses the washing machine and tumble dryer).
Upstairs are the four comfortable bedrooms, the family bathroom and a separate wetroom.
The bedrooms at this 4 bedroom Somerset cottage are arranged as follows:
• Double bedroom with 4'6" bed.
• A twin bedroom (with 3' beds)
• Another double bedroom with a 4'6" bed
• A single bedroom.
Outside the mature gardens are extensive and beautiful. There is a patio area with outdoor furniture so you can enjoy dining al fresco in summertime, as well as a BBQ.
A ramp is available for wheelchair users and there is also a stair lift within the property.
Both bathrooms have grab rails for those with special access needs.
The doors of the Annexe open in to an open plan living space with living area with sofa bed, kitchen and dining area. There is one comfortable bedroom with twin beds (each bed is 3') and an ensuite wetroom, as well as a second small shower room. With a modern, stylish finish and underfloor heating throughout, this is a very comfortable place to stay.
The Annexe has been built to the specifications laid down by the National Accessibility Standards. The facilities include wide doors and ramps, an overhead hoist linking bedroom and bathroom, two profiling beds, one of which is also a rising bed. The wetroom has a walk in shower and shower seat as well as numerous grab rails.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2017
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
More About this Property and Booking Information
If you are interested in booking, please call the owner, and discuss their booking process. They may ask that you book via a booking form and that you pay by bank transfer.
For safety and security if you need to make a bank transfer to book it is essential you:
- Call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the ad to check that the bank details are correct before making payment.
- Ensure that the name details on the account match with the name details for the company you are booking with (i.e. that you have confirmation of payee before proceeding).
- Never make a payment to a foreign bank account.
Setting and Local Information
Local Attractions near Ilminster
Top Attractions: Blackdown Hills are close by. Also several fine historic houses and gardens including Montacute House, Barrington Court and Forde Abbey. The Fleet Air Arm Museum and Hayes Motor Museum are less than 30 mins drive.
Recommended Places to Visit: Seaside resort of Lyme Regis is around 35 minutes drive away. The Jurassic coast is within an hour's drive, as is Wells, Glastonbury, Cheddar and Wookey Hole. In the opposite direction, but for a similar length of journey the Quantocks and Exmoor are within range.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The local pubs, within walking distance, has an excellent reputation for food. Booking is advised for the peak periods each week.
Local Sports: bird watching, cycling, horse riding, walking
Nearest Train Station: Taunton
Want to find out more about Myrtle House Old Farmhouse and Annexe?
Please visit the Owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Somerset.