Book a holiday home in Matlock Bath near the Heights of Abraham
Find a holiday cottage to rent for a family break in Matlock Bath. Self-catering accommodation makes the most of your holiday money. Save by cooking for yourself and having a supply of all the treats and drinks that children want in your own store cupboard.
Families have different holiday needs from single people and couples. Certain kitchen appliances are more important, such as a washing machine, a dryer and a dishwasher. A games room may also be useful depending on the children’s ages.
This small village, a couple of miles away from its sister town of Matlock has several tourist attractions that visitors come to visit with their families.
- One of the most popular family attractions is the Heights of Abraham Park built on top of a limestone hill that can be accessed by cable car. The moving cable cars rely on a certain amount of co-ordination and agility so are not suitable for anyone with mobility difficulties. The views from the top are stupendous. Guided cavern tours are informative and entertaining.
- The Gullivers Kingdom Theme Park is another pleasure stop for anyone with children.
- Arkwrights 18th Century Cotton Mills is an enjoyable educational trip back in time.
- The Peak District Mining Museum might be a joy to any families with mining connections.
- There are also riverside walks, lovers walks and a park – lots for ways to keep children occupied during a holiday.
Matlock Bath has a greater number of fish and chip shops than any other town in the Midlands. It is obviously a traditional dish that you could buy to eat in your holiday home.
Rent a safe and cosy place to stay in Matlock Bath where you can tuck the children up in bed and relax in the sitting room adds up to a good family holiday in the Peak District. Go out for the day with the children, either locally in Matlock Bath or further afield to see sheep out on the moors or visit bustling Castleton and more caverns.