8 Bedroom Unique Self-Catering Castle near Bath
Searching for a unique castle to rent for a special celebration or a getaway to remember with friends or family? If so, the Castle in Wiltshire with its 8 bedrooms and capacity to sleep up to 16 people could be ideal. Set in extensive grounds and surrounded by 500 year old oak trees, this Grade 2 listed folly castle is a sight behold. Also likely to appeal to groups is the property’s location just 14 miles from the elegant city of Bath.
Hidden behind wooden electric gates and with a sweeping driveway outside the property, both inside and outside the Castle should impress. The castle features many original features like thick stone walls, beamed ceilings, gargoils, leaded and mullioned windows and inspiring historic fireplaces, making this a very special place to stay. There is 24 hour CCTV security, as well as a keyless digital electronic entry system.
Inside this Impressive Castle near Bath is:
• A Great Hall; a majestic dining with an enormous long table seating 20, ideal for those special occasions. A chandelier hangs from the high vaulted ceiling. The music system and speakers have been discreetly housed. Outside catering services available by arrangement.
• A lounge / conservatory, ideal for social gatherings with four leather sofas in a sociable U-shape, as well as moveable tables for board games and activities, plus a large flat screen TV and entertainment system.
• A well equipped kitchen with mod cons such as a dishwasher, as well as an original oil fired Aga.
• A drawing room with chesterfield sofa's and a deep chair as well as a rustic cocktail cabinet and crystal decanters.
• A study with a modest book collection.
• There are 6 double bedrooms in the castle, all with four poster beds, most en-suite (with their own modern cubicle shower and wash basin ingeniously concealed behind tapestry panels).
• Additional Accommodation in the Clock House; just 50 feet from the castle is the Clock House which sleeps 4.
Games Room within the Grounds, plus a Children's Play Area
• The castle is set within extensive grounds. The original ground keeper's cottage is now a charming games room complete with pool table, dart board, air hockey and giant jenga.
• Next to the Clock House is the children’s play area with sports swings, ladder assisted climbing trees, a low level climbing frame, rope ladder, and basket ball hoop.
Places to Visit
If you can bring yourself to leave this impressive castle and it’s grounds within a 40 minute drive is the historic National Trust village of Lacock, the UNESCO heritage site of Stonehenge, Longleat Safari Park and the historical city of Bath.
Within an hour’s drive is impressive Cheddar Gorge, Wells with its cathedral and mystical Glastonbury.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2018
Rural Setting, no neighbours for several miles
Recommended Places to Visit:
Recommended Places to Eat Out:
Please visit the Owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in .