Wiltshire Self-Catering Holiday Cottages
Wiltshire is such an attractive county in the south west of England - one of the very nicest places to stay for a country cottage holiday
Wiltshire is a lovely place to visit for a peaceful break in a country cottage. There is beautiful green English countryside and the interesting historic city of Salisbury to visit, plus the ancient mystical Stonehenge. We have a collection of small, medium sized and large cottages to choose from, all warm and welcoming and assure of a good self-catering holiday experience in Wiltshire. Certain holiday cottages have a sauna, a jacuzzi bath, an outdoor hot tub and other features that might just persuade you to book them. Reserve your week in accommodation of your choice with a small deposit and look forward to an interesting stay in Wiltshire.
Holidays in the Wiltshire Downs
You may wish to book somewhere to stay on the Wiltshire Downs - an expanse of countryside that has been awarded 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty'.
More about self-catering holidays in Wiltshire
If you are after a taste of quintessential England then Wiltshire is a good place to visit with its tea shops and village greens. The county is famous for white chalk horses and fertility giants carved into the hillsides. Wiltshire with its good transport links is also a good choice for a touring holiday of south west England.
Top Things to Do on Holiday in Wiltshire
- Go walking in the Cotswold Hills and discover pretty villages and towns along the way. Also recommended for walks are the Wiltshire downs which offer great rambling opportunties.
- Try a spot of horse riding or cycling. There are also plenty opportunities for horse riding and cycling along safe cycle paths in the Wiltshire countryside.
Top Attractions in Wiltshire to Discover on a Cottage Holiday
Some of Wiltshire's top attractions include historical cities and areas of outstanding natural beauty. With so much to choose from this really is a wonderful area of England.
- The elegant historic Roman City of Bath, with its Georgian terraces and famous Pump Room, lies to the west of Wiltshire and is a definite must go destination when staying in certain parts of Wiltshire.
- Bradford-on-Avon, is reputed to be a bit of a 'mini Bath' and is certainly an attractive market town to stay in or visit.
- The English Cotswolds - with honey coloured stone-buildings, tea shops, independent boutique shops and spas to discover, this part of England comes highly recommended for its scenic qualities.
Self catering accommodation in Wiltshire ranges from country cottages to large country houses. If you have a much loved pet dog you want to take with you on your self catering holiday, you will want to find a pet friendly cottage. Use our Search Assistant to help with your search for a self catering cottage in Wiltshire.