Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Mendlesham Green, Suffolk, England
Set by unspoilt Suffolk farmlands and fields and with pretty pastel coloured country cottages and thatched houses, Mendlesham Green is a lovely tranquil place for a cottage holiday in Suffolk.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Mendlesham Green
The rural hamlet of Mendlesham Green is situated close to the village of Mendlesham with its pub, bakery and post office. Mendlesham Green is well placed for discovering some of the best of the Suffolk countryside and you can even get out and explore the Suffolk coast on a day trip from here.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Mendlesham Green
- Just 10 minutes' drive from Mendlesham Green is the market town of Stowmarket with its selection of shops, restaurants and pubs.
- For more days out in town, the lovely market town of Bury St Edmunds is just half an hour's drive away from Mendlesham Green, as is the estuary town of Ipswich.
- It's also easy to get out and explore Constable Country; the scenic Dedham Vale is within an hour's drive of Mendlesham Green. Also within Constable Country is the picture-perfect little village of Dedham with its tea shops, boutiques and antique shops, as well as the National Trust's Flatford Mill which lies at the very heart of Constable Country.
- Discover more of idyllic historic Suffolk with a trip to Long Melford (around 45 minutes' drive from Mendlesham Green) where you will find more boutique shops, country inns and cafes, as well as the National Trust's Melford Hall with its links to Beatrix Potter. When in this part of Suffolk, don't miss the medieval village of Lavenham which has to be one of Suffolk's prettiest villages.
- For woodland walks and off-road bike rides, Thetford Forest Park is within an hour's drive of Mendlesham Green.
- For more time in the great outdoors, the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is only around 30 minutes drive from Mendlesham Green. This part of the Suffolk coast is home to places like the Orfordness Nature Reserve, as well as the picture-perfect seaside town of Aldeburgh which is about an hour's drive from Mendlesham Green.
Country Cottages Online features a great selection of Suffolk holiday cottages including pet-friendly holiday houses, family-friendly properties and romantic retreats. Whatever type of accommodation you are searching for, we hope you find the perfect cottage for you in or near Mendlesham Green in Suffolk.