Elegant 9 Bedroom Elizabethan Manor House plus separate 4 Bedroom Coach House situated just 30 minutes’ drive from Bath
Nestled in acres of landscaped parkland style gardens around 17 miles from Bath, and set behind high stone walls is the elegant Old Manor in Somerset. Reached via a sweeping driveway, this 9 bedroom manor house is bound to impress both inside and out. When booked with the Coach House (a separate on-site 4 bedroom holiday house) the Old Manor sleeps up to 31 people.
Great Facilities for Groups:
With a games room with table football, air hockey and darts, a total of five reception rooms and an impressive giant chess table and pieces, whatever the occasion, this is a great house for a break with a big group of friends or family, just half an hour’s drive from the beautiful spa city of Bath.
At the Old Manor charming historical features such as mullioned windows and decorative ceilings have been successfully blended with 21st century comforts as well as the latest technology such as digital keyless entry systems and movement sensitive automatic lighting in the communal rooms. Inside this 9 Bedroom Manor House:
• Open plan lounge/drawing room with leather chesterfield sofas, two inglenook fireplaces, a grandfather clock which hides a music system and a secret door that leads to the main staircase.
• Dining room with gothic style chandelier and large square table seating up to 19.
• Library with good selection of board games and books.
• Farmhouse style kitchen with six burner gas range and double oven.
• Second kitchen with deep freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and a number of microwaves.
• Pantry with large fridge.
• Breakfast room.
• Games room with table football, air hockey, darts and other games.
• Music room with piano, a cocktail cabinet that looks like a double bass and a double bed (hidden inside a panelled wall).
• 8 individually styled bedrooms, each with a romantic four poster bed.
• 1 family bedroom with a double bed and single bed.
• 3 family bathrooms, each with a bath, power shower and WC.
• 7 showers.
• 4 WCs.
Parking is available for 16 cars.
The 4 Bedroom Coach House:
For those who require additional accommodation, the Coach House is also available to rent and sleeps 8+1 in 4 queen size beds plus 1 single pull-out bed in lounge.
If you don’t need to book the Coach House, be assured that the Coach House is totally self contained with it's own drive and grounds and cannot be seen from the house or gardens. You have the entire grounds to yourself whether you have the Coach House or not and if you book the Coach House on it's own, you also will not be disturbed by Manor guests as the dividing gate will be closed.
The Grounds and Gardens
The Old Manor sits within landscaped grounds of around 1.7 acres. The grounds feature a pond as well as an elevated croquet lawn. Also outdoors is garden furniture as well as a BBQ for enjoying al fresco dining at this superb location in summer time.Excellent Location near Frome and just half an hour's drive from Bath
The Old Manor is ideally situated on the outskirts of the ancient market town of Frome, which has the greatest number of listed buildings in the UK, as well as a choice of cafes, tea rooms, eateries, galleries and shops.
Within reach for days out are a great range of attractions including Longleat House and Safari Park, Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Bath, Wells Cathedral, Cheddar Gorge and the Wookey Hole Caves.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2018